Centralized Admission Module of University ERP
Universities can conduct online admissions for students or can admit students sent by Statutory Central Admission Authorities like JEE, State CET and the like by the use of this centralized online admission system.
The 'Online Admission Software' enable students to fill admission form online from anywhere saving the student’s time and cost of multiple visits to many colleges. It saves the staff’s valuable time that was spent earlier in data entry and verification. It also zeros mistakes of data entry work. Students are required to fill forms online. The accurate data is available with the university online; making it easier for the university to publish merit list before the closure of registration.
After admissions through centralised admission system, this valuable data is available to colleges for further usage. The data can be transferred to College ERP, colleges can use this data to print ID cards, bonafide, admission Register and many other MIS reports. This information comes in handy to colleges.
Overview of Online University Admission System
- University defines all affiliated colleges, courses offered by each college, the eligibility criteria of each course, number of seats in each college and various admission quotas.
- On filling out basic information, students get the login Id, password and OTP– One time password.
- Students fill admission form online. They can upload scan copies of required documents too.
- Students can also generate a PDF of the registration form and submit the same to the University, if required.
- Can pay online with ease.
- Can check application status and merit list online.
- University can prepare common merit list, receive corrections online and publish revised merit list on the portal. Based on the final merit list, university allots college course to students and publish allotments. Students receive SMS / Email alerts of the allotted college and course. Colleges obtain the allotted student list along with the complete soft copy of student’s data.
The process is shown below:
Advantage of Centralized Admission System
- 24 x 7 access to students
- Admission cancellations and money loss is minimal.
- Minimizes time of processing admissions. Institutes can publish their merit list a lot earlier compared to the manual way.
- Allows students to fill application form at a convenient time in a comfortable environment. They fill only one form for admission against multiple forms in multiple colleges.
- Colleges update admitted students status on the University Portal. The soft copy of admitted student data is useful for colleges to use for student ID cards, bonafide certificate, admission register, roll list, university report and other MIS reports.
- Drastically reduces paperwork.
- Eligible candidates apply.
- Data of student received is accurate.