Updated On | 20, June 2017
The increasing numbers of students seeking admission in the academic institutes (school, colleges, and universities) are causing tremendous pressure on the administrative body of the institutes to manage and arrange the admission process manually. It is difficult to conduct the process accurately and in timely manner. Hence, the need for online admission is inevitable.
Managing admissions can be a huge task for a university or institutions. There are the university/institution where entire admission process is handled manually, which is very slow and time-consuming. Now, it’s high time to leave behind such traditional processes and go with computerized automated student online admission system or e-Admission to speed up and make processes easy.
The online admission system integrates technology with the administrative/education process and is beneficial for both the institution and the students alike. It acts as a new achievement factor in addition to traditional sources of advantages.
Why Online Admission?
Every year, students in thousands stand in queues for collecting admission / application forms and then again for submitting the admission / application forms. This leads to problems in - managing the applications, handle queries, & distribution of forms, collection of forms and then short-listing the candidates resulting in annoyed parents and students alike. In addition to this, the admission process is not transparent, leading to possibility for widespread malpractice.
The goal of 'Online Admission System' is to computerize the admission management system structure, its related operation, and functionality to rectify these weaknesses. Also, the purpose is to provide support to the administration and admission seeking candidates by providing a faster, transparent, and easy way of maintaining records and utilize them for reference and further proceedings.
Flow of Online Admission :
On entering specified URL, it opens the screen with 'Instructions to Applicant' & 'Notes'. Indeed, read the instruction/notes carefully wherever specified on online admission form.
Applicant can download 'Application Form Format' by click on 'Click here to Download' to know the required information
There are various tabs such as programs offered - displays programs offered by the institute, Admission Information - displays the admission information details, Contact Us - displays the contact details.
Step1 : Initial Admission Process
Student online admission starts with tab 'Apply Now'. Student collects all required information and document, check all the check boxes, and proceed for next step. Read the notes given on next screen. Enter the details in the respective fields and confirm the details. On confirmation, it generates applicant number. The credentials will be sent on registered email address.
Step 2 : Intermediate Admission Process
Applicant logins to complete intermediate level process. The details such as Personal & Bank Details, Address Details, and educational Details will be entered through respective tabs. Upload Photo and Signature. Next, payment details whichever applicable i.e. online; Offline or Cash payment will be entered. Application form can also be printed through this form.
Step 3 : Administrator Panel
Authorized person access the form to receive the student details and to add the student in student list.
Step 4 : Online Portal Report
Administrator can generate the online admission reports such as - Online Portal Applied Student List, Online Portal Application Status.
Advantages of Online Admission System Software :
Works 24 x 7:
- Minimizes time of processing - Because of no time limits, institutes admission process time is reduced. Institutes can publish their merit list lot earlier than they could have done manually following the traditional way.
- Maximizes Availability – As it is online admission form, it allows candidates to fill application form at their convenient time.
No Geographical Boundary :
- Candidates can fill online application form from anywhere i.e. convenient place.
No Long Queues :
- Candidates don't need to stand in long queues to get their queries answered, to get application form, and submit the same.
- Man Power Saving - Institutes don't need to assign additional security to manage huge crowd.
Less Paper Work :
- Institutes no longer require printing & storing forms, then collecting and filing of form which results in not only cost saving but also man power saving
Only Eligible Candidate Can Apply :
- Minimizes Data Redundancy - Checks can be provided so that only eligible candidates can apply. Besides, the candidate data is to be entered only once.
Precise and Reliable :
- Very Precise and Reliable - The process is very precise and reliable due to limited human participation.
Dynamic and User Friendly :
- The entire process is very dynamic - any changes can be reflected in real time & will be immediately reached the candidates.
- The process is simple & user friendly - similar to filing a form manually, the difference being use of keyboard instead of pen.
Customizable Real Time Reports :
- Institutes can monitor the ongoing process.
- Have day to day summary of progress of the admission.
- Great Flexibility - Various types of reports can be generated in quick time with minor changes in the design.
Features Of Online Admission System :
Online Admission System is a web portal of admission for computerization of all pre and post admission activities of an Institution. The portal supports various modern technologies such as – Online Payment Gateway, auto SMS, and auto Email for student admission application and confirmation of admission.
It is a fully integrated multi-user system with full protection against unauthorized access. It provides secured, accurate, & timely information to users at all levels for better decision making.
How College/School Can be Succeeded through Online Admissions :
Admission process in colleges and school has become a very painful and tedious process. With the number of students increasing year and year, it has become essential for institutes to invest in a system that automates and streamlines the student admission system. By investing in a system like online admission system, college/school can be succeeded in various areas.
- Man Power Saving - Institutes don't need to allot additional manpower to manage heavy crowd.
- No longer require printing & storing forms.
- No longer require to collect forms of all the candidates and file them.
- Rapid & Flexible
- Real-time reports & graphs for analysis