Library Management Software
LIB-MAN® is a web based fully integrated, user friendly, multi-user package for computerization of all the in-house operations of the library. This library management software is powerful and easy to use. Lib-Man is embedded with multi-lingual fonts, Bar Code & QR Code fonts. MasterSoft's present client base is of 300 libraries. The software is developed in consultation with many senior library professionals. The client-server version of Lib-Man is embedded with free Devnagari Fonts. It supports all latest technologies which include cloud, smart phone, tablets, SMS, email, UHF RFID, payment gateway.
Lib-Man have optional UHF RFID integration for automation of institution. It also supports smart phone app for book search – MOPAC.
Key Features of LIB-MAN
- 100% assurance for import of other library software data into LIB-MAN
- Mark standard data import/export
- Book Data fetching from ISBN site and Google API saves data entry time
- Supports E-Book uploading & reading
- Follows all library latest standards such as Marc 21, library congress standards, AACR 2
- Fully secured & free maintenance
- Best On Site training & service support
- Fully documented user manual
- Best backup and recovery
- Reports / Data Export to Word, Excel, PDF, text
- No duplication of work
- No restrictions & no hidden costs
- No upper limits on number of documents/Journals and entries
- Reports on Laser/Inkjet printers
- User defined privileges
RF LIB-MAN© RFID Based Library Management System
With a continues research of 3 years, Master Software integrated latest-UHF (ultra high frequency). RFID technology with LIB-Man's web based version. This defines important features of RFID library software RF-LIB-MAN
Introduction To RFID Technology
RFID means Radio Frequency Identification. RFID technology provides wireless identification of people, books or assets. RFID Tag is made up of an integrated antenna and memory. In Library, RFID tag is attached to each book and Accession No. of the book is stored in tag memory. RFID Reader reads this Accession No. and sends to library software.
- Is Made up of Antenna and an Electronic circuit.
- The information can be written and rewritten on the Tag.
- The unique ID of tag is known as EPC. (Electronic Product Code)
- Reader: RFID reader emits radio waves; the Tag responds by sending back data stored.
- Computer: It reads / writes data from / to Tag through the RFID Reader using RF-LIB-Man
Advantage Of RFID Tags
- No line of sight needed like bar-code.
- Allows circulation of several books simultaneously.
- Performs both identification and anti-theft in one single operation
- Faster scanning and identification of book details.
UHF RFID Library Management System
UHF - Ultra high frequency technology is the most advanced technology with a very high read range of 1-3 meters as compare to old HF and LF technologies where read range in few centimeters. UHF is low cost, high multi-read, highly accurate technology with minimum misread. Therefore, most of the educational institutions preferred UHF RFID technology.
RFID Library work flow:
Following activities can be performed in RFID based Library automation System.
Tagging of Books:
RFID Tag is pasted into the inner side of a front cover page of the book & full page sticker is attached to it to hide it from patron. Also, tagging is done using RFID Reader. Tagging means writing RFID tag EPC code to library management software and writing accession number to tag memory. With this now book is ready for all RFID operations. To use this service patrons get UHF RFID ID cards.
Self check KIOSK
This offers facility of self automated issue- return (Check In/out) of books to patrons.
Self Issue: Patron shows his RFID ID card to reader in Kiosk for automatic login. Now he puts books to be issued on RFID Reader for book issue. Books are issued to patron. RFID Tag status is now Quit & patron can take away the books through security system at Library Exit Gate without any Theft Alarm.
Self Return: For Self Return of Books, Patron just keeps the books on Reader of Kiosk & the Books are returned and Patron loan is canceled.
While issue or return receipt is printed and SMS is sent to Patron.
The Shelf Management System consists of Mobile RFID Reader integrated with library software. This facilitates almost instant searching of the desired book in library & library book verification (Stock verification) can be done without line of sight. The long read range of 3 Meters makes stock verification & book searching an easy task.
For stock verification, press Scan button of Reader & move the Reader across the shelves. Reader gathers all the unique accession no. of books in the physical range of 1 meter. The collected accession nos. are transferred to library software & stock verification report is generated. It verifies 1,00,000 Books per day.
For searching a book, enter accession no. to search in Reader & sweep across shelves for searching. When a book is nearby Reader, a built-in beeper sounds to alert the librarians.
Anti Theft Detection
The RFID Anti Theft Portals (security system) are placed at the exit gate of library & portal tracks books up to 3 meters range and would trigger the alarm with red flashlights when patron passes through a gate with an unissued book. It can detect multiple items at a time. This is most accurate security system with minimum false alarm.
Book Drop Box/Station
A patron can return books any time 24 x 7 in RFID enabled Book Drop Station which is normally kept outside the library. Patron's loan is immediately canceled and SMS is sent to him. A book return slip is printed and a beep is sounded, green light glows on successful book return.