Library Automation Software
LIB-Man© is a cloud based library automation software that is a fully integrated, user-friendly, multi-user package for computerization of all the in-house operations of the Library.Library Software is powerful and easy to use. Lib-Man is embedded with Multi-lingual Fonts, Barcode & QR Code Fonts. LIB-Man also has optional UHF RFID integration for automation. It also supports mobile apps for book searches.
LIB-Man Software Utilities:
- Defining library users & their privileges
- Network backups recovery
- Merging of data like vendor, publisher, author, department, etc
- Address book
- User login details
- Keyboard setup
RF – LIB-MAN Features: Library Automation Software
- 100% assurance for import of other library software data to LIB-Man
- MARC standard data import/export
- Book data fetching from ISBN site, Google API, saving data entry time
- Supports e-book upload & reading
- Supports all latest technologies cloud, smart phone, tablets, SMS, email, bar code, QR code, multilingual Unicode, UHF RFID, payment gateway
- Follow all library latest standards such as -MARC 21, Library Congress Standards, AACR2
- Fully secured & maintenance-free
- Best onsite training & service support
- Fully documented user manual
- Best backup & recovery
- Business Intelligence tools integrated library software for accurate reports
- Reports/data export to word, excel, PDF, text, etc
- No duplication of work, no restrictions & no hidden costs
- No upper limits on the number of documents/journals entries
- LIB-Man software provides reports on laser/inkjet printers
- User-defined privileges
RF-LIB-MAN Modules: Library Automation Software
ACQUISITION & CATALOGUING
The cloud based Library automation software helps in the Acquisition & Cataloguing of books in multiple formats. It organizes the books, journals, and other digital resources collection, and enables the users to access them quickly & efficiently.
- Book requisition
- Procurement: Vendor quotes, comparative statement, supply chain order & follow-up
- Invoicing & accessioning
- Payment requisitions
- Book binding
- Withdrawal/write off books
- Loss of books/missing/display
- Stock verification - manual, barcode/QR code enabled, RFID enabled
- Budget utilization analysis
- Book indexing
- Dissertation/belonging type entry
- Department-wise transfer of books
- Accession register
- AACR2 catalogue according to -subject, author, title
- Documents purchase analysis
- Bar code, QR code & spine labels
- Invoice/bill register
- Circulation of reference books
- New arrivals
- Selected field reports
- Vendor/publisher mailing list
The Library Circulation Module enables the librarian to perform all the activities related to book lending such as book issue & return with few clicks.
- BT/ID/Smart ID card printing
- Biometric for borrower identification
- Document circulation - issue, return & renewals
- Reference book issue return
- Overdue/recall notices
- Due date reminder via SMS & email
- Clearance notices
- Book bank for students
- Fine management
- BT & document utilization history
- Circulation register
- Documents utilization analysis
- Email, SMS, notices to the borrower
- Claim report late fee reports
- Issue book reports
OPAC - ONLINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOGUE
Online Public Access Catalog or OPAC is a digital database of various books & other reading materials that may belong to globally located libraries. It simplifies the search of users by enabling them to enter fields like - Title, Keywords, Author's Name with remote access for searching any document.
Information about documents can be searched using the powerful search engine of LIB-Man Library Automation Software according to:
- Accession Number
- Class Number
- ISBN Number
- Publication Year/Place
- Word in a title
- Translated books
- Type of document
- Dissertation/thesis search
- Claims/Reservation of books
- Belonging search
- Keyword search
- Search can be multilingual
- Search from mobile: M-OPAC
- Utilization of documents, most utilized documents, least utilized documents
- Budget analysis
- Claims analysis
- Lost/missing/withdrawal analysis
- Yearly statistical graphical reports
- Year-wise purchase
- Title-wise copy in the department
- Yearly departmental investment
- Summary of documents - in the bindery, present, issued, lost & written-off
- Various statistical/graphical MIS reports
Serial control streamlines library processes right from book placement to receipt generation & minimizes data entry work to a great extent.
- New/renewal of subscription order
- Reminders for non-receipts
- Binding of serials & accessioning
- Serial OPAC
- Daily newspaper entry
- Papercutting storage
- Payment notice
- Serial indexing & serial OPAC
- Bound volume creation
- Journal binding
- Journal issue & return
- Binder orders
- Serial accession register
- Current arrivals
- Budget analysis
- Expected periodicals
- Bound volume record
- Monthly bill of newspapers
UHF RFID library management system
UHF RFID based Library Management System comprises RFID-enabled modules such as shelf management, self check-in/check-out, books tagging, etc that automates the day-to-day functions of the library enabling librarians to perform book issuing, re-issuing, and returning of books efficiently.
RFID means Radio Frequency Identification. RFID technology integrated library software provides wireless identification of people, books, or assets. RFID Tag is made up of an integrated antenna and memory. In the Library, an RFID tag is attached to each book and accession number of the book is stored in tag memory.
An RFID Reader reads this accession number and sends it to library automation software.
UHF - Ultra High Frequency Technology is the most advanced technology with a very high read range of 1-3 meters as compared to old HF and LF – technologies where read range is a few Centimeters. UHF is a low cost, high multi-read, highly accurate with minimum misread. Therefore, UHF RFID technology is preferred by us.
Tagging of Books:
RFID Tag is pasted on the inner side of the front cover page of the book & full page. Sticker is attached to it to hide it from patrons and tagging is done using an RFID reader. Tagging means writing RFID tag EPC code to library management software & writing accession number to tag memory. With this now the book is ready for all RFID operations. Patrons are issued RFID ID cards.
Self check KIOSK:
Self check KIOSK module of the library software offers the facility of self- automated issue – return (check-in/out) of books to patrons.
Self Issue: Patron shows his RFID card to the reader in Kiosk for automatic login. After that, he/she puts books to be issued on the RFID reader for the issue. Books are issued to patrons. RFID tag status becomes – “Quit” & patrons can take away the books through the security system at the library exit gate without any theft alarm.
Self Return: For the self-return of books, the student just keeps the books on the reader of Kiosk & the books are returned and the patron loan is canceled.
While the issue or the return receipt is printed and SMS is sent to patrons.
The shelf management system consists of a mobile RFID reader integrated with library management software. This facilitates almost instant searching of the desired book in the library & quicker library books verification (stock verification) without a line of sight. The long read range of 3 meters makes stock verification & book searching an easy task.
For stock verification, press the scan button of the reader & move the reader across the shelves. Reader -gathers all the unique accession no. of books in the physical range of 1 meter.
The collected accession numbers are transferred to the Library Management System & a stock verification report is generated. It verifies 100,000 books per day.
Searching for a book: Enter the accession number to search in reader & sweep across shelves. When a book is nearby the reader, a built-in beeper sounds to alert the librarians.
Anti Theft detection:
The RFID anti-theft portals (Security system) are placed at the exit gate of the library & portal tracks books up-to 3 meters and would trigger the alarm with red flashlights when patrons pass through the gate with un-issued books. It can detect multiple items at a time. This is the most accurate library security system with a minimum false alarm.
Book Drop stations:
The patron can return books any time - 24x7 - in RFID-enabled book drop stations which are normally kept outside the institution’s library. Patron's loan is immediately canceled and SMS is sent to him/her. A book return slip is printed & a “beep” sound comes out with a green light that glows on returning the book.