NBA stands for the national board of accreditation which is an accreditation agency representing India in the Washington Accord (WA). The Washington Accord is an agreement between bodies who accredit or recognize higher level engineering qualifications.
NBA is one such autonomous accrediting body in India, which deals with the accreditation of engineering and various technical institutions on the basis of the quality of education provided there. The guidelines outlined by the NBA act as parameters to accredit institutions.
As with any organization, the NBA also has some objectives. The generalized and broad objectives of the NBA are as follows-
- Regular evaluation of institution or programs providing technical training on the basis of norms, standards and guidelines.
- Development of quality conscious systems which are relevant to the latest market needs, excellent and includes participation by all the stakeholders.
- Building an education system that matches the aim of growth through competence and contributes to the national economy through societal development.
- Providing quality benchmarks targeted at the national and global level human capital in every technical education field.
An institution has to undergo certain procedures to get accredited and fulfil some conditions laid out by the NBA. After a visit by authorities from NBA based on their assessment, the institution may get accredited.
The accreditation process is as outlined below
The institution is required to prepare a self-assessment report (SAR). This is done by self-evaluation and this also serves as a chance for the institute to apply corrective measures and improves the way it functions.
The evaluators visit the campus and assess every key detail as per the SAR. furthermore, they make observations and analysis based on their guidelines. This is one of the most important phases of the accreditation process.
The NBA Accreditation Criteria is as follows:
- Mission, vision and Program Educational Objectives(PEO)
- Curriculum of Program
- Program Outcomes (PO)
- Performance of Student
- Contribution of Faculty
- Technical Support and facilities
- Continuous development
- Academics of First Year
- Student Support Systems
- Financial Resources, Institutional Support and Governance
Even though the main objective of NBA is to ensure quality standards in many aspects, the impact of accreditation goes far beyond this. The key impacts of NBA accreditation are-
- Urges the institutions to initiate quality improvement programmes, activities, etc.
- Enhances student enrollment quality-wise and quantity-wise
- Promotes the financial health of the institution and hence students get benefit in multiple ways
- Largely improves the employability of the graduate students
- Facilitates mobility of professionals and students as well as transnational recognition of degrees
- Keeps the faculty motivated to participate actively in academic activities
- Promotes a competitive academic environment where students grow and foster socio-economic development at the national level by producing best quality technical manpower.
It is because of such reasons that NBA matters so much. Especially in a developing economy like India, where quality technical manpower is required on a large scale. Also, the students get the flexibility of choosing any workplace or country since many global opportunities open up for them if they graduate from an NBA accredited colleges.
To know more about NBA stay in touch as we would be coming up with detailed information on the same on http://www.iitms.co.in/
- How Time Table Management System Helps Schools
- Choice Based Credit System for Student Preferred Courses
- Education ERP - The Future and Importance of Edtech by 2020
- Outcome Based Education System vs. Traditional Education System
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- Automated College Management System Creating Success Stories of Educational Institutions
- Benefits of Investing in Education Technology for Automation of Institutes
- 6 Reasons Institutions Should Move on Cloud Technology
- Analytics Dashboard System Helping Teachers To Monitor Student Progress
- How education ERP is helping top-notch institutions to generate higher ROI
- Why Online Teaching and Learning Module is a Must for Every School
- Why Student Experience Plays an Essential Role in any Institution Growth
- Role Of Management Information System (MIS) In Education Sector
- How To Implement Choice Based Credit System?
- What Is NBA And Why It Matters?
- How Beneficial Is Automated Attendance Management System For Schools?
- Top Reasons Your Library Needs A Library Management System
- Why Do You Need A Powerful File Tracking System For Your Organization?
- Benefits Of Implementing School Management Software
- Why Cloud Education ERP Is Better Than On Premises ERP?
- Online Admission System Or E-Admission For Educational Institutions
- Why Schools And Colleges Need Automated Student Attendance Management System?
- Importance Of NAAC Accreditation For Colleges And Best ERP To Improve Grades
- Cloud Education ERP Implementation: Challenges & Solutions
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared For NAAC Peer Team Visit?