NBA stands for the national board of accreditation which is an accreditation agency representing India in the Washington Accord (WA). The Washington Accord is an agreement between bodies who accredit or recognize higher level engineering qualifications.
NBA is one such autonomous accrediting body in India, which deals with the accreditation of engineering and various technical institutions on the basis of the quality of education provided there. The guidelines outlined by the NBA act as parameters to accredit institutions.
As with any organization, the NBA also has some objectives. The generalized and broad objectives of the NBA are as follows-
- Regular evaluation of institution or programs providing technical training on the basis of norms, standards and guidelines.
- Development of quality conscious systems which are relevant to the latest market needs, excellent and includes participation by all the stakeholders.
- Building an education system that matches the aim of growth through competence and contributes to the national economy through societal development.
- Providing quality benchmarks targeted at the national and global level human capital in every technical education field.
An institution has to undergo certain procedures to get accredited and fulfil some conditions laid out by the NBA. After a visit by authorities from NBA based on their assessment, the institution may get accredited.
The accreditation process is as outlined below
The institution is required to prepare a self-assessment report (SAR). This is done by self-evaluation and this also serves as a chance for the institute to apply corrective measures and improves the way it functions.
The evaluators visit the campus and assess every key detail as per the SAR. furthermore, they make observations and analysis based on their guidelines. This is one of the most important phases of the accreditation process.
The NBA Accreditation Criteria is as follows:
- Mission, vision and Program Educational Objectives(PEO)
- Curriculum of Program
- Program Outcomes (PO)
- Performance of Student
- Contribution of Faculty
- Technical Support and facilities
- Continuous development
- Academics of First Year
- Student Support Systems
- Financial Resources, Institutional Support and Governance
Even though the main objective of NBA is to ensure quality standards in many aspects, the impact of accreditation goes far beyond this. The key impacts of NBA accreditation are-
- Urges the institutions to initiate quality improvement programmes, activities, etc.
- Enhances student enrollment quality-wise and quantity-wise
- Promotes the financial health of the institution and hence students get benefit in multiple ways
- Largely improves the employability of the graduate students
- Facilitates mobility of professionals and students as well as transnational recognition of degrees
- Keeps the faculty motivated to participate actively in academic activities
- Promotes a competitive academic environment where students grow and foster socio-economic development at the national level by producing best quality technical manpower.
It is because of such reasons that NBA matters so much. Especially in a developing economy like India, where quality technical manpower is required on a large scale. Also, the students get the flexibility of choosing any workplace or country since many global opportunities open up for them if they graduate from an NBA accredited colleges.
To know more about NBA stay in touch as we would be coming up with detailed information on the same on http://www.iitms.co.in/
- Benefits of Integrating School ERP System with RFID
- Is your MIS meeting the goals of your Institution?
- Benefits of Using A College Management Software for Financial Management
- How A School Management System Helps Drive Higher ROI?
- Why Schools And Colleges Need Automated Student Attendance Management System?
- 5 Key Attributes Of A Future-ready University Administrator
- What Is NBA And Why It Matters?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared For NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- Why Colleges Should Automate The Examination Procedure?
- Top Reasons Your Library Needs A Library Management System
- Why Student Data Security Is The Biggest Concern for Educational Institutions?
- Top 6 Ways To Make Educational Institutions Smarter With Analytics Dashboard
- Why Faculty Management Systems Are Increasingly Becoming A Necessity?
- Why Education Sector Is Opting For Paperless Solutions?
- Why Alumni Management Software is Becoming a Necessity?
- How College ERP Can Get Your Institution Accredited
- An Ideal Guide On: 'How To Implement Education ERP'
- How Data Analytics Enhance Student Retention Along With Graduation Rates
- Spreadsheet Vs Education ERP Software - Which One is More Accomplished?
- Cloud Based Education ERP - A Cost effective Solution for Higher Education
- 'MasterSoft Student Enquiry Management System' – A Hassle-Free Solution for Student Enrollment
- MasterSoft's University Dashboard- How It Can Help Vice Chancellors To Leverage Decision Making?
- Role of Management Information System (MIS) in Education Sector
- Six Vital Reasons To Invest In Student Information System For A Better Future
- MasterSoft Store (inventory) Management System- Why is it Deemed Fit for Higher Educational Institutes?
- Ultimate Five Things to Bear in Mind while Fetching ERP for Universities
- How Technology Helps Bridging Gap Between Parents and School?