Leave Management System Software
Leave is a provision to stay away from work for genuine reasons with prior approval of the authorities. It may or be granted for a casual purpose, planned activity, on medical grounds, or in extraordinary conditions. Leave cannot be claimed as a matter of right. Accordingly, leave rules and norms have been categorized under various heads. Vacation and leave are governed by a set of rules and norms as laid down by the Government of India. Managing leaves of the faculty & staff for the entire year is a tedious process. Efficient leave management software is thus required to simplify the process.
Leave Management System
Leave Management System (LMS) is designed to help the organization to set up employee leave policy & manage their leaves seamlessly. This software enables configuring all types of leaves, including paid leaves, leaves without pay, sick leaves, casual leaves, medical leaves, and much more. In addition to this, the software also helps an employee to check the status of leave, daily attendance record, and can also apply for leave.
Attendance & Leave Reports
MasterSoft’s leave management system helps educators to generate attendance & leave reports such as-
- Leave details
- Holiday report
- Leave application
- Leave status of staff
- Leave allotment & balance report
- Leave summary – daily/monthly/yearly
- Biometric attendance report
- Consolidated attendance report
- Monthly attendance muster report
- Final salary/payable days report
- Late-early-thumb problem report
- Yearly leave position report
Features of Leave Management System
The following list depicts the key features of the employee leave management system offered by MasterSoft.
1. Leave Application & Approval
Leave management system, allows defining & configuring the rules for various types of leaves like casual leave, earned leave, compensatory leave, medical leave, service base leaves like study leave, maternity leaves & paternity leave, etc. Employees can apply for the specific leave online as per leave policy. Respective authority can either approve & forward it to the next authority or can sanction the leave. In the absence of authority, his reliever person can sanction the pending leave up to his leave period.
2. Biometric Attendance
MasterSoft provides a biometric machine-like ESSL, nit-gen link with a database for biometric integration & start the downloading of punches automatically. Daily attendance of employees is available at their login.
3. Fines & Calculation
College can define punishment configuration like late coming, early going allowed limit, else deduct the leaves from employee leave account. Admin has rights to allow or not allow the latecomers, early going & thumb not found record. According to rule, admin process the attendance of employee, accordingly LWP (Leave Without Pay), days will be calculated and transferred to payroll for employee salary calculation.
4. Powerful Analytics Dashboard
The online leave management system enables the staff members and faculty to view their balance leaves and leave application status. Furthermore, the administrative authority or the HR of the institution can access the leave information & can keep a tab on employees’ leaves on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis.
5. MIS Reports Generation
The HR management software can generate all types of attendance & leave reports with 100% accuracy. Some of the major MIS reports include- MIS appointment report, designation-wise MIS position report, grade-wise MIS position report, post-sanction report, superannuation report, annual Increment report, and annual LWP report.
6. Seamless Integration with ERP Modules
MasterSoft’s online leave management software offers seamless integration with other ERP modules such as student leave management system, HR Management software, payroll software, etc. This saves a lot of time for the administrative department and allows cross-functional working in the educational institution.
Benefits of Leave Management System
The following list depicts the benefits of using the leave management system.
- The online leave management system provides accurate data about the staff & students leaves
- Enables staff members to check out the leave policy before applying for any type of leaves
- The leave management system ensures great discipline by structuring the attendance & leaves process
- The HR management software helps the HR authority to check anyone’s leave history at the clicks of a button
- Saves a lot of time required to calculate the leaves of the staff & fines if required for taking action
Challenges in Leave Management System
- Keeping track of every employee’s leaves count
- Errors caused in payroll due to leave miscount
- Conveying the leave and Holiday policy to employees
- Confusion about whether to plan vacations
- Gaining comfort and trust of faculty with comfortable leave policies
Importance of Leave Management System
A leave management system can help the faculty members in planning their leaves well in advance so that the work isn’t hampered and they are covered by other employees while being away.
If the leaves are not tracked, there will be an uncountable number of leaves taken by the faculty members which will eventually impact the institute’s performance.
Managing leaves using a leave management system can eliminate the need of tracking every employee’s leaves on files and documents, hence eliminating paperwork.
The managers and admin are aware of employee’s leaves beforehand which will help them to manage the work and classes accordingly.
Ready to Improve Work Culture in Your Institution by Keeping a Tab on Leaves of Your Staff?Request Demo
FAQs on Leave Management Software
Leave management is important for an educational institution because a lot of effort & time gets wasted in calculating & managing the leaves of staff members manually. The leave management system helps your staff to plan their leaves and automates & standardizes the entire leave management process.
As an educator, you must look for the following features in a leave management system.
- Powerful analytics dashboard
- Customizable leave management system
- Leaves & fines calculation provision
- Configurable software that defines various leave types
- Seamless integration with other ERP modules
- MIS leave & attendance reports