“I dream of a digital India where quality education reaches the most inaccessible corners driven by digital learning.” Indian Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi
With a vision to positively impact and take the growth curve of students to a new high, the Government of India has proposed National Education Policy 2020.
While so many efforts have been taken to promote quality education & innovation, for the first time, a new teaching-learning approach that empowers students with multidisciplinary education has been initiated.
I am talking about the concept of “Cluster University”!
This new concept is dedicated to students who want to discover & learn new things regardless of the field/branch/discipline they’re in. With the cluster university initiative, the Government officials are aiming to revamp the present condition of Higher education institutions (HEIs) to add more value to student learning.
Before we discuss its benefits, let’s first understand how HEIs can transform into Cluster University…
The Present Condition of HEIs
Currently, educational institutions follow the structure of single-stream education. Generally, what happens is that a student who has taken a major is allowed to study relevant subjects. He/she can’t opt for subjects from other majors. This may restrict students to widen their thinking & learning capability. Sometimes out of a will to learn, sometimes to enhance knowledge, students may wish to adopt the “out-of-the-box” thinking.
Cluster University for Future-Ready Campuses
With the introduction of Cluster University, the single-stream approach of teaching-learning will be ruled out. All the educational institutions including the ones that are offering professional degrees will be transformed into a rationalized architecture that is popularly being referred to as- multidisciplinary HEI clusters or knowledge hubs by the year 2030.
The Cluster University will head 3,000 or more students and allow them to choose subjects and courses that interest them. The university will allow a vast number of institutions that may be focused on various areas- such as
- Teaching-intensive University
- Research intensive University
- Autonomous Degree Colleges
Thus, students don’t need to stress on anything during their learning journey and can explore their passion for innovation.
What are the Key Benefits of Cluster Universities?
I am jotting down a list that depicts the key benefits of cluster universities. Whether you are a student, teacher, or educator, you’d be able to reap these benefits once it gets implemented on a full scale. A university management system can be integrated to multiply the productivity, efficiency, and final learning outcomes.
- More Space for Student-Teacher Collaboration
With HEIs getting merged to form a large unit, there would be more space for better student-teacher collaboration. Students that are genuinely interested in learning a particular course would come together helping faculties to achieve better student learning outcomes.
- Inculcating Leadership Qualities in Students
Students would be more confident as they pursue their choice of subjects. They would get an open field to polish their skills and also develop new ones. Thus, the process would ultimately lead to the inculcation of leadership qualities in students.
- Accelerate Institutional Networking
Since the Cluster University concept of the new education policy speaks of merging multidisciplinary HEIs, institutional networking would obviously go uphill.
- Fewer Resources & More Expertise
3000 students would be able to learn under a single entity. It is bound to increase the outcomes with comparatively fewer resources.
In a nutshell, Cluster University is an excellent concept to boost the students’ strengths and empower them with a valuable career. It can be considered as the one-size-fits-all educational approach to serve every student aiming to push their limits and “achieve the unachievable!”
For more guidance on National Education Policy 2020, you can visit one of our previous blogs.
If you have any further queries, get in touch with us!
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions