Do you want your college to get prepared for NAAC accreditation?
Are you expecting a NAAC peer team visit?
Thinking what are the necessary steps you are taking for getting accredited?
Well, getting accredited from reputed agencies like NAAC offers an excellent opportunity to the Higher Ed Institutions (HEIs) to make a mark in the education sector & gain the recognition of quality education providers. However, for being accredited successfully, HEIs have to hustle a lot in terms of managing the institutional data.
The basic steps towards getting accredited successfully is to prepare your institution for NAAC peer team visit. The first thing institutions must do is find out whether they are providing quality education because the prime factor that matters a lot to NAAC - Quality! Their primary focus is to uplift the quality of higher education. If an institution shares the same goal of providing quality education for enhancing students’ skills then they are halfway there already!
To maintain the highest quality of education while ensuring best practices, institutions need to work in synchronization with the NAAC criteria & prepare Self-Study Report (SSR) Reports. It will help them on the day of the NAAC peer team visit. They must ensure that the reports being submitted are free from any kind of error. Assembling, compiling, and managing heaps of data to prepare these assessment reports is quite a complex & mentally draining procedure for the faculty & staff members. HEIs need to ensure they have a precise record of all the following details -
- Student Details: Accurate record of current students & also, the students from the alumni batch including - their name, enrolment number, category, caste, course details, state, country, mobile number, etc need to be maintained in the institution's record along with the necessary documents verifying the same.
- Faculty: Faculty details consisting of their name, address, date of joining, qualifications, department, research papers, awards, etc needs to be present in the institutional record.
Preparing The Self Study Reports (SSR)
Preparing the NAAC SSR reports is one of the most crucial steps of the assessment and accreditation process. NAAC has issued specific guidelines & set of rules which institutions must keep in mind while preparing the reports. The following are the key details that reports must include -
- Proof of contribution toward the core values
- Proof of building from the strengths recognized by the institution
- Actions taken/corrective measures applied to overcome the shortcomings identified by the institutions
- The efforts put from the institution's side toward the enhancement of quality
- The institution's future plans toward enhancement of quality of education
The institution must pay close attention to and strictly follow the guidelines and instructions of the formats provided by the NAAC during the preparation of SSR reports. The institution's head has a key role to play as regards achieving the goals of self-evaluation. A steering committee usually consisting of 4 to 6 members can also be created in order to analyze crucial data and thereby assist the head of the institution. This committee is usually responsible for collecting, analyzing and compiling the data in order to prepare a comprehensive yet crisp SSR.
The steering committee's coordinator can also act as the institutional facilitator during the peer team visit. The institution must pay close attention to and strictly follow the guidelines and instructions of the formats provided by the NAAC during the preparation of SSR. The SSR must be submitted in a soft copy along with hard copies, 5 in case of affiliated or autonomous or constituent colleges and 8 in case of a university.
The SSR to be submitted must be in a particular format and structure and must include a cover letter, executive summary, institution's profile, criteria-wise report along with inputs from every department. The report must be concise, crisp and clear instead of bulky, vague or unclear.
Accreditation Data Management System for Best Practices
An extensive research, self-analysis, and adoption of best practices can enable institutions to prove their merit during the NAAC peer team visit. Feedback from faculty and students can help institutions a lot and take them a long way in improving the standard of quality throughout the campus. An institute like any other organization is an interdependent system where each process is related to the other in some way or the other. So it's important to monitor each and every activity going on in the campus along with its efficiency.
Undoubtedly, getting NAAC accreditation is not an easy process. It takes time, efforts, and reliable resources to continuously collect, manage & review the data & prepare compliance reports. An Accreditation Data Management System (ADMS) can help institutions get ready for the accreditation from agencies like NAAC/NBA by enabling institutions to manage & update the necessary data & generate error-free compliance reports. With an ADMS, institutions can maintain absolute control over each process, which will further help them in analysis and implementation of best practices.
- Shedding Light on the New Norms of NEP 2020 for NAAC, UGC, and AICTE
- Why are Online Descriptive Exams & Tests Important for Students?
- How to Get a Customized LMS that Multiplies Student Learning Outcomes!
- Why MASP School Recognition Is Helpful In 2020?
- 4 Key Tips for Sustaining Mental Health of Online Educators and Learners during Covid-19
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions
- Why Online Teaching and Learning Module is a Must for Every School
- Outcome Based Education System vs. Traditional Education System
- Role of Management Information System (MIS) in Education Sector
- Cloud Education ERP Implementation: Challenges & Solutions
- How Can You Streamline Admission Process with College ERP?
- Why MIS reports are important for educational institutions?