Updated On | 18, November 2021
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) Accreditation is a hallmark of “quality” education.
The primary aim of NAAC is to enhance the teaching-learning processes in higher education institutions by encouraging them to-
- Implement effective & appropriate assessment methods
- Keeping a tab on key institutional activities
- Creating a transparent process to fulfill the objective
To ensure all the 7 criteria of NAAC are being followed and the HEI is eligible to get the NAAC accreditation, DVV in NAAC plays a pivotal role.
Let us understand in detail what the Data Validation and Verification Process or DVV in NAAC mean.
What is Data Validation and Verification in NAAC?
DVV full form "Data Validation and verification"
“DVV” in NAAC refers to the Data Validation and Verification Process is a way verifying whether the submitted/uploaded data during the NAAC accreditation journey on the official portal is valid or not. It means a software based system aimed to make assessment process more transparent and objective.
The data required for the DVV process in NAAC precisely includes –
- List of programs (conducted in the last 5 years)
- Self-study report (SSR report)
- Evidence of data
- Documents & records
- Compliance MIS reports
- E-copies of Awards/Recognition
- Feedback from Students
- Circulars of initiatives/new implementations
NAAC has implemented a Revised Accreditation Framework (RAF) where the DVV process evaluates the given types of metrics –
A) Qualitative Metrics (QnM)
DVV verifies QnM based on the SSR report (Self Study Report) submitted by the HEI. Every single piece of data mentioned in the SSR report is observed and a score is generated based on valid data given along with its proof.
B) Quantitative Metrics (QIm)
DVV verifies the QIm metrics based on the NAAC Peer Visit session. NAAC peer team verifies whether the institution is offering quality education & promised services to students.
To ensure a valid DVV score, the CGPA of both metrics is evaluated.
NAAC Accreditation: Guide To National Assessment And Accreditation Council (NAAC) For Higher Education
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for DVV in HEIs
The Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) For DVV in HEIs has been recently updated on 01-01-2021. The following are the key highlights.
#1: Data Limit - 5 MB
Institutions need to upload scanned copies of authentic data & supporting documents on the official NAAC HEI portal for each metric. However, the online portal supports a maximum of 5 MB data for each metric and it cannot extend beyond the limit.
In certain instances, where the data exceeds the 5 MB limit, the institutions need to host the additional records/documents on their website and share the link of the same.
Institutions need to ensure that the document's links are NOT shared in the form of Google Drive, Amazon, Microsoft Drive, or any sort of third-party hosted website.
#2: HEI’s Clarification Box
While sharing the links virtually, the HEIs need to make sure that links are added in the HEI’s clarification box.
In case, they are providing links in the running text, HEIs must enable hyperlink followed by –
- Pressing “Enter Key”
- Pasting the link
- Once again pressing the “Enter Key”
#3: Hassle-free & Fast DVV Clarification Process
The best way to ensure a hassle-free & fast DVV clarification process is that HEIs can submit the supporting records & documents at the time of SSR submission.
The records and supporting documents need to be authentic and error-free.
In case of errors, the process may get delayed & even the institution can become ineligible for the NAAC accreditation.
#4: Templates in Required NAAC Format
HEIs must fill the templates in the required format mentioned by the NAAC accreditation Committee. They must not try to change the format or even alter it slightly.
Every single piece of data must be in a readable format that would help simplify the Data Validation and Verification Process.
#5: Timely Reply to the DVV
During the NAAC DVV process, if any disputes/queries are raised by the NAAC committee members, HEIs need to promptly reply to the same.
Replying in a given time frame is a mandate.
In case the HEI fails to reply within the given time, the NAAC committee has the right to disqualify them from the NAAC accreditation process.
Improve your Institute’s Management along with Teaching- Learning Methods with MasterSoft!
Important Note for the HEIs
HEIs need to pay attention to that - Once the data is submitted, the institutions won’t be able to change it. Therefore, the higher education institution should ensure that the provided data is correct and the shared links are entirely operational.
How MasterSoft’s Accreditation Data Management System Can Help Institutions to Maintain Accreditation Data?
MasterSoft ERP is the largest & oldest edTech company in India that has been delivering the most effective edTech tools over the past 22 years. Accreditation such as NAAC, NBA requires institute reports across various areas which can be generated through ERP.
MasterSoft ERP & ADMS helps institutions to manage year-on-year data in proper formats.
- Online admission system
- Fees collection software
- E-learning tools
- Learning management system
- Library management system
- Exam management system
To add more value to the HEIs and help them to simplify the MasterSoft team has developed – “Accreditation Data Management Software” (ADMS).
Some of the best features of the ADMS software include-
- Auto-generation of compliance reports in the required format
- Management of the legacy data & reports in chronological order
- Provision for backdated entries of data
- Multiple-data backups for data security
- Role-based access to stakeholders ensuring complete privacy
Manage Complete Accreditation Data with #1 College ERP Software.
Witness the Transition with the Best Services!
FAQ’s on Data Validation and Verification (DVV)
DVV, Data Validation and Verification in NAAC is referred to a body which verifies and validates the data submitted to the NAAC entity during accreditation process of the institute.
- The institute has to submit and upload scanned copies of authentic data and related documents in NAAC portal with maximum 5 mb data limit
- Make sure that the links are added in Higher education institute's clarification box
- The best way to avoid hassle is to submit the supporting documents during SSR submission.
- The documents must be in NAAC required format
- If queries are raised by NAAC committee members, institutes must promptly reply on them
This publication, and the contents herein, introduces overall features of the Accreditation Data Management System developed and owned by the MasterSoft ERP Solutions Private Limited, however, the access to the same shall be limited to the features opted by its Users. It shall be understood that the System shall be modified from time to time by the MasterSoft ERP Solutions Private Limited as and when found necessary, and such modifications shall be made available, automatically and mandatorily, to the Users.
The Accreditation Data Management System allows the Institutes to assimilate Campus Data in one Central Database, and generates various Reports that may be helpful in the accreditation process. However, it does not calculate/estimate/speculate the accreditation or ranking scores, and it shall not be implied in any manner that we claim to improve the accreditation score or ranking of the Institutes.
MasterSoft ERP Solutions Private Limited is not associated with the NAAC, and no part of the contents published herein intend to imply the same. Any part of such contents, if found to be similar to or suggestive towards the material featured on the official Website of the NAAC, is to be treated as having been sourced from the said Website; and MasterSoft ERP Solutions Private Limited claims no ownership or interest over the said information.
We declare that every such information is published in consonance with the Copyright Policy of the NAAC as stipulated on its official Website, and that we have no intention to dilute the accuracy of or to derogate the said material. We also affirm that no part of the contents published herein infringe Copyright(s) of any third party(ies).
We urge all the readers of our publications to honour the esteem of NAAC, and the sacrosanct information published by it in public interest.
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions