Student Information System is a data management tool that enables Institutions to operate smoothly. It is a one-stop source for all kinds of student information that can be easily integrated with other modules to streamline work.
SIS is an automated solution and hence each activity takes place online, which in turn saves a lot of paper and other useful resources. The system also has a simple and easy user interface and hence the end users do not need to undergo extensive training or require any special skills.
Listed below are 6 benefits of using student information management system:
The student information management system is an intuitive software that stores all the information on Cloud. Without SIS, the staff has to fill the same information multiple times for different purposes like transportation, hostel facilities, library cards, etc. But with a student management system, information once entered is synced across all the modules and hence the staff doesn’t need to do manual data entry repeatedly.
This not only saves precious time but also limits your usage of significant resources like your staff. Your staff can pursue other crucial tasks instead of filling out the same paperwork again and again.
SIS collate students’ information like grades, timetables, medical history, etc in one place. So if a teacher wants to access information about a student urgently they can do so without having to manually sort out different files.
Improved Student Success
As mentioned above, SIMS manages, organizes and analyses student information regarding grades of examination, homework, attendance, etc. Moreover, the System is integrated with dashboard analytics. The information stored in SIS is analyzed by the dashboards and is presented in the form of reports and graphs.
These reports can be used by the teachers to study the students’ performance. They can pinpoint areas where the students’ lag behind and require extra help. Students can not only benefit from this immensely and but better student-teacher relations can also be forged.
Students require a healthy atmosphere with a proper balance of teachers and parents. They thrive only when they receive unwavering support from teachers as well as parents. Therefore, it is imperative that parents are thoroughly in touch with what’s being taught at school. Parents should also be able to interact with teachers to discuss how they can help their kids to boost their performance.
Teachers can ensure that students are able to cope with schoolwork at their home. SIS helps parents and teachers to be more connected and helps them to provide a healthy learning experience for the student.
SIS is a cloud-based application that stores information on a centralized platform. This makes the stored information highly secure. This was not the situation when information was manually stored.
Student information saved as hard copies can be accessed by anyone and can lead to misuse. To prevent this, student management software provides role-based access. The amount of information available depends on the importance of the staff’s role in the institution. This feature ensures that only authorized people have access to private student information.
With regular and automatic security updates there are minimal chances of the system getting hacked. Additionally, multiple automatic back-ups of any information stored on the cloud ensure that your crucial information is never lost.
Therefore SIS is an extremely secure and reliable software.
Improved Inter-relations Between Departments
In a large institution, there are high chances of data silos being formed in different departments. This can disrupt the smooth functioning of the Institute.
To prevent this, SIS allows information to be transferred fluently from one module to another without any issues. For example, the student's data from the admissions department can be easily shared with the transportation department. This saves data entry work which was done manually and further reduces data repetition.
Student information management system can be used to give teachers a comprehensive report of students’ achievements. Teachers can then figure out the areas in which they slack. Furthermore, with the observations gained from SIS, teachers can find out if the corrective measures that they applied are working or not.
Children today are exposed to crime more than ever, it is, therefore, essential to keep track of students to ensure their own well-being. SIS makes sure that students can be tracked throughout the duration they attend school. A student information system is fully equipped with features like shift-wise attendance, bus route tracking etc.
Parents also receive notifications when their child is going to be late. This helps parents be at ease when their children leave for school.
In a nutshell, implementing Student Information System is a great step toward achieving all kinds of scholastic goals. It takes you one step closer to a future that is free of hassle, and full of productivity which ultimately drives progress across the campus.
- How MasterSoft Helps Education Institutions Overcome Top 5 Challenges
- Topmost Benefits of Implementing Online Examination Management Software
- Cloud Education ERP Implementation: Challenges & Solutions
- How ERP Implementation Benefitting Student Journey from Prospect to Alumni?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions
- How Can CCMS Help colleges to Streamline their Processes
- Top 5 mistakes educators do while implementing Education ERP
- Why MIS reports are important for educational institutions?
- Monitor Student Progress with BI Dashboard Management System
- Technology in Classroom to Empower Student, Faculty, and Staff
- Ensure Student Data Security by Implementing College ERP
- Why cloud education ERP is better than on premises ERP?
- Looking For a Diverse ERP Solution to Run The Institute?
- Increase Student Enrollment Rate With Lead Management System
- How Can Cloud-Based ERP Transform The Educational Processes?
- How to Improve Student Outcomes With Education ERP?
- How Can You Streamline Admission Process with College ERP?
- Why Educational Institutions Need Admission Management System?
- How Beneficial is Automated Attendance Management System for Schools?
- 6 Great Benefits Of Implementing Student Information System
- Why Do Institutes Need Student Information System?
- Benefits of Integrating School ERP System with RFID
- Is your MIS meeting the goals of your Institution?
- Benefits of Using A College Management Software for Financial Management
- How A School Management System Helps Drive Higher ROI?
- Why Schools And Colleges Need Automated Student Attendance Management System?
- 5 Key Attributes Of A Future-ready University Administrator
- What Is NBA And Why It Matters?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared For NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- Why Colleges Should Automate The Examination Procedure?
- Top Reasons Your Library Needs A Library Management System
- Why Student Data Security Is The Biggest Concern for Educational Institutions?
- Top 6 Ways To Make Educational Institutions Smarter With Analytics Dashboard
- Why Faculty Management Systems Are Increasingly Becoming A Necessity?
- Why Education Sector Is Opting For Paperless Solutions?
- Why Alumni Management Software is Becoming a Necessity?
- How College ERP Can Get Your Institution Accredited
- An Ideal Guide On: 'How To Implement Education ERP'
- How Data Analytics Enhance Student Retention Along With Graduation Rates
- Spreadsheet Vs Education ERP Software - Which One is More Accomplished?
- Cloud Based Education ERP - A Cost effective Solution for Higher Education
- 'MasterSoft Student Enquiry Management System' – A Hassle-Free Solution for Student Enrollment
- MasterSoft's University Dashboard- How It Can Help Vice Chancellors To Leverage Decision Making?
- Role of Management Information System (MIS) in Education Sector
- Six Vital Reasons To Invest In Student Information System For A Better Future
- MasterSoft Store (inventory) Management System- Why is it Deemed Fit for Higher Educational Institutes?
- Ultimate Five Things to Bear in Mind while Fetching ERP for Universities