Student Information System is a data management tool that enables Institutions to operate smoothly. It is a one-stop source for all kinds of student information that can be easily integrated with other modules to streamline work.
SIS is an automated solution and hence each activity takes place online, which in turn saves a lot of paper and other useful resources. The system also has a simple and easy user interface and hence the end users do not need to undergo extensive training or require any special skills.
Listed below are 6 benefits of using student information management system:
The student information management system is an intuitive software that stores all the information on Cloud. Without SIS, the staff has to fill the same information multiple times for different purposes like transportation, hostel facilities, library cards, etc. But with a student management system, information once entered is synced across all the modules and hence the staff doesn’t need to do manual data entry repeatedly.
This not only saves precious time but also limits your usage of significant resources like your staff. Your staff can pursue other crucial tasks instead of filling out the same paperwork again and again.
SIS collate students’ information like grades, timetables, medical history, etc in one place. So if a teacher wants to access information about a student urgently they can do so without having to manually sort out different files.
Improved Student Success
As mentioned above, SIMS manages, organizes and analyses student information regarding grades of examination, homework, attendance, etc. Moreover, the System is integrated with dashboard analytics. The information stored in SIS is analyzed by the dashboards and is presented in the form of reports and graphs.
These reports can be used by the teachers to study the students’ performance. They can pinpoint areas where the students’ lag behind and require extra help. Students can not only benefit from this immensely and but better student-teacher relations can also be forged.
Students require a healthy atmosphere with a proper balance of teachers and parents. They thrive only when they receive unwavering support from teachers as well as parents. Therefore, it is imperative that parents are thoroughly in touch with what’s being taught at school. Parents should also be able to interact with teachers to discuss how they can help their kids to boost their performance.
Teachers can ensure that students are able to cope with schoolwork at their home. SIS helps parents and teachers to be more connected and helps them to provide a healthy learning experience for the student.
SIS is a cloud-based application that stores information on a centralized platform. This makes the stored information highly secure. This was not the situation when information was manually stored.
Student information saved as hard copies can be accessed by anyone and can lead to misuse. To prevent this, student management software provides role-based access. The amount of information available depends on the importance of the staff’s role in the institution. This feature ensures that only authorized people have access to private student information.
With regular and automatic security updates there are minimal chances of the system getting hacked. Additionally, multiple automatic back-ups of any information stored on the cloud ensure that your crucial information is never lost.
Therefore SIS is an extremely secure and reliable software.
Improved Inter-relations Between Departments
In a large institution, there are high chances of data silos being formed in different departments. This can disrupt the smooth functioning of the Institute.
To prevent this, SIS allows information to be transferred fluently from one module to another without any issues. For example, the student's data from the admissions department can be easily shared with the transportation department. This saves data entry work which was done manually and further reduces data repetition.
Student information management system can be used to give teachers a comprehensive report of students’ achievements. Teachers can then figure out the areas in which they slack. Furthermore, with the observations gained from SIS, teachers can find out if the corrective measures that they applied are working or not.
Children today are exposed to crime more than ever, it is, therefore, essential to keep track of students to ensure their own well-being. SIS makes sure that students can be tracked throughout the duration they attend school. A student information system is fully equipped with features like shift-wise attendance, bus route tracking etc.
Parents also receive notifications when their child is going to be late. This helps parents be at ease when their children leave for school.
In a nutshell, implementing Student Information System is a great step toward achieving all kinds of scholastic goals. It takes you one step closer to a future that is free of hassle, and full of productivity which ultimately drives progress across the campus.
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions