Student Information System is a data management tool that enables Institutions to operate smoothly. It is a one-stop source for all kinds of student information that can be easily integrated with other modules to streamline work.
SIS is an automated solution and hence each activity takes place online, which in turn saves a lot of paper and other useful resources. The system also has a simple and easy user interface and hence the end users do not need to undergo extensive training or require any special skills.
Listed below are 6 benefits of using student information management system:
The student information management system is an intuitive software that stores all the information on Cloud. Without SIS, the staff has to fill the same information multiple times for different purposes like transportation, hostel facilities, library cards, etc. But with a student management system, information once entered is synced across all the modules and hence the staff doesn’t need to do manual data entry repeatedly.
This not only saves precious time but also limits your usage of significant resources like your staff. Your staff can pursue other crucial tasks instead of filling out the same paperwork again and again.
SIS collate students’ information like grades, timetables, medical history, etc in one place. So if a teacher wants to access information about a student urgently they can do so without having to manually sort out different files.
Improved Student Success
As mentioned above, SIMS manages, organizes and analyses student information regarding grades of examination, homework, attendance, etc. Moreover, the System is integrated with dashboard analytics. The information stored in SIS is analyzed by the dashboards and is presented in the form of reports and graphs.
These reports can be used by the teachers to study the students’ performance. They can pinpoint areas where the students’ lag behind and require extra help. Students can not only benefit from this immensely and but better student-teacher relations can also be forged.
Students require a healthy atmosphere with a proper balance of teachers and parents. They thrive only when they receive unwavering support from teachers as well as parents. Therefore, it is imperative that parents are thoroughly in touch with what’s being taught at school. Parents should also be able to interact with teachers to discuss how they can help their kids to boost their performance.
Teachers can ensure that students are able to cope with schoolwork at their home. SIS helps parents and teachers to be more connected and helps them to provide a healthy learning experience for the student.
SIS is a cloud-based application that stores information on a centralized platform. This makes the stored information highly secure. This was not the situation when information was manually stored.
Student information saved as hard copies can be accessed by anyone and can lead to misuse. To prevent this, student management software provides role-based access. The amount of information available depends on the importance of the staff’s role in the institution. This feature ensures that only authorized people have access to private student information.
With regular and automatic security updates there are minimal chances of the system getting hacked. Additionally, multiple automatic back-ups of any information stored on the cloud ensure that your crucial information is never lost.
Therefore SIS is an extremely secure and reliable software.
Improved Inter-relations Between Departments
In a large institution, there are high chances of data silos being formed in different departments. This can disrupt the smooth functioning of the Institute.
To prevent this, SIS allows information to be transferred fluently from one module to another without any issues. For example, the student's data from the admissions department can be easily shared with the transportation department. This saves data entry work which was done manually and further reduces data repetition.
Student information management system can be used to give teachers a comprehensive report of students’ achievements. Teachers can then figure out the areas in which they slack. Furthermore, with the observations gained from SIS, teachers can find out if the corrective measures that they applied are working or not.
Children today are exposed to crime more than ever, it is, therefore, essential to keep track of students to ensure their own well-being. SIS makes sure that students can be tracked throughout the duration they attend school. A student information system is fully equipped with features like shift-wise attendance, bus route tracking etc.
Parents also receive notifications when their child is going to be late. This helps parents be at ease when their children leave for school.
In a nutshell, implementing Student Information System is a great step toward achieving all kinds of scholastic goals. It takes you one step closer to a future that is free of hassle, and full of productivity which ultimately drives progress across the campus.
- Importance and Benefits of Institutional Accreditation
- Top Onpage SEO Tips to Improve Your School's Website Ranking in 2020
- Is a Cloud-Based School Management System the Best Choice for your School?
- Why Are Schools Opting for the MASP Program?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- Top 5 Benefits of e-learning for Students
- 5 Tips for Building Your School's Positive Perception Online
- What is e-learning?
- Get Hold of the Falling Retention Rate with Online Admission Software
- What are the features of Alumni Management software?
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Attendance Tracking Problem
- Fully Utilize Library Software to Enhance Students’ Reading Habits
- Five Solid Evidences Why Campus Management System Is Good For Your Institutional Development
- The Next 5 Things You Should Do For Success of School Management
- Implementing a School Management System Is Not Difficult At All! You Just Need A Great School ERP Vendor!
- How To Get Your Child to Enjoy Reading
- RFID tracking systems | A Revolution Automating Attendance Management in Schools
- MasterSoft CSMS is Now a Part of the Innovative Program - Microsoft’s Aspire School Program (MASP)
- What benefits does CBCS have to offer the Faculty Members?
- Benefits of MasterSoft Multi Academy Trust Management System
- How Time Table Management System Helps Schools
- Choice Based Credit System for Student Preferred Courses
- Education ERP - The Future and Importance of Edtech by 2020
- Outcome Based Education System vs. Traditional Education System
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- Automated College Management System Creating Success Stories of Educational Institutions
- Benefits of Investing in Education Technology for Automation of Institutes
- 6 Reasons Institutions Should Move on Cloud Technology
- Analytics Dashboard System Helping Teachers To Monitor Student Progress