The fundamental goal of any educational institution is to provide quality education & state-of-the-art facilities to students & help them build new skills that would help in shaping their careers. And the first step towards ensuring that institutions are working in synchronization with the primary goal is getting “Accreditation” from reputed agencies like NBA/NAAC, and others. Accreditation helps in protecting the interests of all the stakeholders - students, faculty, parents, and educators by mapping & evaluating the overall institutional performance on the basis of the programs offered.
Let us understand step by step what accreditation actually means, why it is important, and what benefits it has to offer…
What is Accreditation?
Accreditation can be defined as a quality assurance process that helps educational institutions to attain their academic goals by meeting the guidelines & standards set by accreditation granting agencies such as National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)/National Board of Accreditation (NBA) etc. Educational institutions have to undergo an extensive process that requires them to successfully pass the quality checks in terms of managing accurate institutional data, designing courses, carrying out assessments to evaluate & enhance students’ performance, provide top-class facilities, etc.
For instance, if an institution aims at getting NBA accreditation, then it must meet the operational standards & guidelines set by the NBA. NBA committee members will review the programs, crucial institutional information, data & compliance reports of the institution and, if they find them satisfactory enough to match their standards, they will grant accreditation!
Importance of Institutional Accreditation
Institutions have to go through a standard process to reach the end-goal of getting accredited. Usually, the course accreditation process comprises of the following steps:
- Peer Review
- Visit and Examination
- Final Decision
For the peer review process, institutions need to compile institutional data of past few years & prepare and submit error-free compliance reports. Satisfactory reports lead to the next step where the institution gets qualified for accreditation committee visit. The committee checks whether the parameters mentioned in the reports are met by verifying the necessary proofs and documents & then a decision to provide accreditation or not is made. So, the accreditation process empowers higher educational institutions by helping them to analyze their loopholes, improve their academic structure, work on it, and gain trust amongst individuals. It provides institutions an opportunity to design their education and head in the direction of continuous improvement. Therefore, accreditation is extremely important.
Benefits of Institutional Accreditation
Accreditation can prominently help in achieving the following key parameters.
- Determining whether an institution is meeting standards of education
- Improving enrollment rate by winning trust of students & parents
- Helping employers to determine the programs credibility & knowledge level of students
- Enables graduates to appear for further certification examinations
- Accelerates the chances of placements in institutions
- Creates goals for self-improvement of educational institutions
Higher education accreditation management is not an easy process. It takes efforts, time, and proper data management to pass the litmus test. And to be honest, it can multiply the workload of faculty members by 10 times and still the accuracy of reports will be a point of doubt due to manual data management.
A quote by John Ruskin which says - “Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort”, seems absolutely apt when we talk about ensuring quality. An accreditation data management system can be the best solution for institutions looking for an automation solution for management of data. It can help institutions enhance their quality of education by helping them compile & manage vast institutional data & prepare accurate reports to get ready for the accreditation from globally recognized agencies. With an ADMS, institutions can easily ensure best practices.
- Importance and Benefits of Institutional Accreditation
- Top Onpage SEO Tips to Improve Your School's Website Ranking in 2020
- Is a Cloud-Based School Management System the Best Choice for your School?
- Why Are Schools Opting for the MASP Program?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- Top 5 Benefits of e-learning for Students
- 5 Tips for Building Your School's Positive Perception Online
- What is e-learning?
- Get Hold of the Falling Retention Rate with Online Admission Software
- What are the features of Alumni Management software?
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Attendance Tracking Problem
- Fully Utilize Library Software to Enhance Students’ Reading Habits
- Five Solid Evidences Why Campus Management System Is Good For Your Institutional Development
- The Next 5 Things You Should Do For Success of School Management
- Implementing a School Management System Is Not Difficult At All! You Just Need A Great School ERP Vendor!
- How To Get Your Child to Enjoy Reading
- RFID tracking systems | A Revolution Automating Attendance Management in Schools
- MasterSoft CSMS is Now a Part of the Innovative Program - Microsoft’s Aspire School Program (MASP)
- What benefits does CBCS have to offer the Faculty Members?
- Benefits of MasterSoft Multi Academy Trust Management System
- How Time Table Management System Helps Schools
- Choice Based Credit System for Student Preferred Courses
- Education ERP - The Future and Importance of Edtech by 2020
- Outcome Based Education System vs. Traditional Education System
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- Automated College Management System Creating Success Stories of Educational Institutions
- Benefits of Investing in Education Technology for Automation of Institutes
- 6 Reasons Institutions Should Move on Cloud Technology
- Analytics Dashboard System Helping Teachers To Monitor Student Progress