03, November 2021
Technical education in India was offered sometime back in the mid 19th century. Hence, it was important to establish a body that assured the quality of technical education offered in several institutes. The colleges had to follow certain norms and standards set by the body before starting to offer the technical education courses to the students. This led to the formation of AICTE in 1945.
What is AICTE?
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is a national-level Apex Advisory Body that was established in November 1945 with an aim to conduct a survey on the facilities and provisions available for technical education in the institutes. The council aims to encourage India’s development in an integrated and coordinated manner. It comes under the Department of higher education and received a statutory status by an Act of Parliament in the year 1987. AICTE takes complete care of the planning and development of technical education in the institutes of the country.
Roles and Responsibilities of AICTE in Technical Education
- AICTE approves the upgrades in institutes such as the launch of new courses, an extension of the existing institutes, and the continuation of approval after having a break in the preceding academic year.
- The council permits the establishment of new technical institutes in the country that would offer technical courses at different levels such as Degree, Diploma, Post Diploma, PG, PG Diploma, and PG.
- Further, the AICTE also has to give approval for changing the site or location for technical education in the country.
- Further, the AICTE also gives permission for the closure of the institutes if they apply for it.
- AICTE India grants approval to the institutes that wish to convert Women's institutions into CO-Ed colleges and vice versa.
- AICTE also helps to reduce or increase the intake, courses, first and regular shifts in the existing technical institutes.
- National e-Scholarship
- Vidya Lakshmi
- Pragati and Saksham
- India Innovation Initiative
National e-Scholarship is for the students who are in need and seek various scholarships.
Vidya Lakshmi is an initiative for students seeking an educational loan.
Pragati scheme offers scholarships for girls whereas; the Saksham Scheme scholarship is given to differently-abled students.
India Innovation Initiative offers India's largest innovation challenges jointly promoted by the CII and Department of Science & Technology.
AICTE offers 49 courses online to interested students through an e-learning system. The courses are free of cost and accessible to all. The council has made sure to remove the language barrier among the students and introduced courses in the Hindi language as well. The courses can be accessible to all students willing to get knowledge and develop skills related to technology in any part of the country. They just require the student to have an internet connection and access to a laptop or mobile phone. The council offers courses starting from programming languages to data science and other technological aspects.
Functions of AICTE
The main functions of the AICTE include-
- Ensure coordination for the development of technical education
- Promote qualitative enhancements in technical education
- Ensure maintenance of norms and standards in technical education
- Ensure allocation of funds in priority areas, monitoring, and evaluation
- Maintain the parity of certification and awards
- Ensuring integrated development and management of technical education in the country
- Evaluate the technical programs based on prescribed guidelines, norms, and standards
- Grant approval to institutions for new courses and programs
Importance of AICTE
All the engineering colleges as well as the colleges offering technical courses that come under the ambit of 10 statutory bodies of AICTE cannot offer these programs without attaining approval from AICTE. The colleges have to apply to AICTE for those offering the courses and then the council checks for the quality of education and authenticity of the courses. After all this is done, the AICTE grants permission to the colleges to offer these courses to the students in the institutes.
Difference between AICTE and UGC
A major difference between UGC (University Grants Commission) and AICTE is that the latter only is concerned with the technical institutes whereas the former deals with all types of colleges, offering all the courses. UGC is doing the work of granting approval to the universities. Further, it provides funds to the universities and colleges affiliated with it. The AICTE is a statutory council aimed towards encouraging coordinated development and offering technical education in the country. All the technical colleges and MBA colleges as well as Pharmacy colleges are affiliated with AICTE.
How can Colleges and Universities get AICTE Accreditation?
The colleges that want to apply for AICTE accreditation should come under the ambit of 10 statutory bodies of AICTE. Before applying the institutes must be well equipped with the required infrastructure, labs, faculty members, etc. The AICTE team will assess these aspects of the institutes and then grant approval based on that.
How does MasterSoft help you in Technical infrastructure?
MasterSoft is the most trusted ERP solution provider for educational institutes to manage their institute’s processes, tasks, activities and helps the faculty and students to adopt new methods of learning more easily. The company offers ,educational ERP software to the educational institutes along with other software such as the library management system, student data management system, accreditation management system, and others.
MasterSoft supports the technical colleges in offering a high quality of technical infrastructure and solutions for remote learning, distance education, online examination, management software so that the institutes can maintain the high quality of education as per the norms set by AICTE. The system helps these colleges to accumulate and store large amounts of data and information on cloud storage. The system ensures high security of the data and safe cloud backup. Further, the Accreditation Data Management Software helps the colleges to collect and maintain all the data and documents required to get AICTE accreditation.
Take a note of what is required for your college to be AICTE approved! Make technical education easily accessible to the students.
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions