Updated On | 05, January 2021
“Attendance” - an unavoidable part of any class or lecture!
Marking attendance is quite important for a number of reasons. As significant as attendance is, it consumes a lot of class time and doesn’t contribute toward student progress.
The crucial class-time can be saved with a student attendance system, which is an automated solution to not only mark attendance but also to find out meaningful patterns in order to monitor student performance around key metrics and contribute towards student security.
There are several ways in which attendance can be automated. Some of them are -
- Marking attendance via school mobile app
- Marking attendance via biometric identification
- Marking attendance via Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Attendance marking powered by face recognition (real-time)
All of these attendance marking methods save time, reduce teacher workload and streamline the process of attendance management.
But why do you need to automate attendance management at your institution?
Here are the best advantages of the student attendance management system that explain the reasons...
#1: Reduced Hassles in Teaching Process
Attendance automation requires little to no effort from the teacher, which means a reduced workload on the teacher. All that the students have to do is punch-in or flash the RFID card in front of the device, in case of biometric or RFID attendance. Whereas attendance marked with an app merely requires 60 seconds from the teacher.
No paperwork, no manual attendance, and no wastage of time lead to reduced hassle and enables the already overburdened teacher to concentrate more on teaching.
#2: Improvement in Student Outcomes
Attendance is directly linked with student success, a good attendance improves student outcomes as it keeps them in loop with the curriculum. We have experienced an increase in student attendance when parents are involved in the attendance lifecycle.
With an automated attendance management system, parents can be directly looped in the student learning journey, as the student attendance can be conveyed via mobile app or SMS. This not only ensures security but also reminds parents to be in constant touch, thus improving student learning outcomes.
#3: Higher Institutional ROI
A school, college or university can save upto thousands of rupees monthly by automating student attendance. If a teacher has 7 lectures a day and requires 10 minutes to mark attendance for each lecture then nearly 70 minutes are consumed in marking attendance. If there are 50 teachers in the institution then each day 58 hours are required for the mundane task of marking attendance.
The 58 hours can easily be reduced to 1 hour, and the considerable amount of teachers’ time saved can be utilized towards improving student outcomes.
#4: Improved Accuracy & Accessibility
Since the attendance is automated, you can be sure that the data is accurate and error-free. Once the attendance is marked, the captured data gets stored in the student attendance management system, from where anyone having the rights can view the attendance details. This feature is especially useful while locating a particular student or while analyzing trends.
Student attendance records are required by compliance & accreditation agencies such as The National Board of Accreditation (NBA) and National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), which can be tedious to calculate manually. The online attendance management system simplifies & streamlines everything.
#5: Enhanced Student Security
The attendance data captured by the app, biometric or RFID device is stored in the attendance management system, which ensures zero data manipulation as it provides role-based access. The data stored in the ERP is protected by multiple layers of security along with strong encryption, making it immune to a data security breach and potential threats.
Furthermore, you can trigger automated SMS, email or app notifications to parents or guardians, informing them about the presence or absence of their ward. Notifying parents ensures that all the stakeholders are well informed and aware of the student’s whereabouts.
#6: Analytics-Enabled System
The capability to analyze student performance using attendance data is, perhaps, the most significant reason why you need an attendance monitoring system. The educational ERP provides you with BI tools in the form of dashboards. The dashboards give you accurate graphical data about anything and everything, instantly.
Using the attendance data dashboard, you can determine the attendance trends of your institution, a particular class, a specific subject or even a particular student. Consider tracking attendance of a class of students for a period of one month. You can see the graph and instantly identify if the attendance is increasing, decreasing or is almost the same.
Based on the results of the analysis, you can make timely decisions, and even check whether the corrective measures are effective or not. This enables you to constantly monitor student performance and improve student outcomes.
Moreover, if these reports are to be compiled manually, then nearly 80 man hours are required which includes mapping the attendance of hundreds of students with classes and subjects along with teachers. Whereas with the student attendance management system, several reports according to the user-specific fields can be generated in only 10 minutes.
To know more about how you can deploy an attendance management system or make use of an attendance dashboard, Contact Us.
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions