Attendance - an unavoidable part of any class or lecture! Marking attendance is quite important for a number of reasons. As significant as attendance is, it consumes a lot of class time and doesn’t contribute toward student progress.
The crucial class-time can be saved with a student attendance system, which is an automated solution to not only mark attendance but also to find out meaningful patterns in order to monitor student performance around key metrics.
There are several ways in which attendance can be automated. Some of them are -
- Marking attendance via school mobile app
- Marking attendance via biometric identification
- Marking attendance via Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
All of these attendance marking methods save time, reduce teacher workload and streamline the process of attendance management.
But why do you need to automate attendance management at your institution?
Attendance automation requires little to no effort from the teacher, which means a reduced workload on the teacher. All that the students have to do is punch-in or flash the ID card in front of the device, in case of biometric or RFID attendance. Whereas attendance marked with an app merely requires 60 seconds from the teacher.
No paperwork, no manual attendance, and no wastage of time lead to reduced hassle and enables the already overburdened teacher to concentrate more on teaching.
A school, college or university can save upto thousands of rupees monthly by automating student attendance. If a teacher has 7 lectures a day and requires 10 minutes to mark attendance for each lecture then nearly 70 minutes are consumed in marking attendance. If there are 50 teachers in the institution then each day 58 hours are required for the mundane task of marking attendance.
The 58 hours can easily be reduced to 1 hour, and the considerable amount of teachers’ time saved can be utilized towards improving student outcomes.
Improved accuracy & accessibility
Since the attendance is automated, you can be sure that the data is accurate and error-free. Once the attendance is marked, the captured data gets stored in the student attendance management system, from where anyone having the rights can view the attendance details. This feature is especially useful while locating a particular student or while analyzing trends.
The attendance data captured by the app, biometric or RFID device is stored in the attendance management system, which ensures zero data manipulation as it provides role-based access. The data stored in the ERP is protected by multiple layers of security along with strong encryption, making it immune to a data security breach and potential threats.
Furthermore, you can trigger automated SMS, Email or App notifications to parents or guardians, informing them about the presence or absence of their ward. Notifying parents ensures that all the stakeholders are well informed and aware of the student’s whereabouts.
The capability to analyze student performance using attendance data is, perhaps, the most significant reason why you need an attendance monitoring system. The ERP provides you with BI tools in the form of dashboards. The dashboards give you accurate graphical data about anything and everything, instantly.
Using the attendance data dashboard, you can determine the attendance trends of your institution, a particular class, a specific subject or even a particular student. Consider tracking attendance of a class of students for a period of one month. You can see the graph and instantly identify if the attendance is increasing, decreasing or is almost the same.
Based on the results of the analysis, you can make timely decisions, and even check whether the corrective measures are effective or not. This enables you to constantly monitor student performance and improve student outcomes.
Moreover, if these reports are to be compiled manually, then nearly 80 man hours are required which includes mapping the attendance of hundreds of students with classes and subjects along with teachers. Whereas with student attendance management system, several reports according to the user-specific fields can be generated in only 10 minutes.
To know more about how you can deploy an attendance management system or make use of an attendance dashboard, Contact Us.
- How to Improve Student Outcomes With Education ERP?
- How Can You Streamline Admission Process with College ERP?
- Why Educational Institutions Need Admission Management System?
- How Beneficial is Automated Attendance Management System for Schools?
- 6 Great Benefits Of Implementing Student Information System
- Why Do Institutes Need Student Information System?
- Benefits of Integrating School ERP System with RFID
- Is your MIS meeting the goals of your Institution?
- Benefits of Using A College Management Software for Financial Management
- How A School Management System Helps Drive Higher ROI?
- Why Schools And Colleges Need Automated Student Attendance Management System?
- 5 Key Attributes Of A Future-ready University Administrator
- What Is NBA And Why It Matters?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared For NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- Why Colleges Should Automate The Examination Procedure?
- Top Reasons Your Library Needs A Library Management System
- Why Student Data Security Is The Biggest Concern for Educational Institutions?
- Top 6 Ways To Make Educational Institutions Smarter With Analytics Dashboard
- Why Faculty Management Systems Are Increasingly Becoming A Necessity?
- Why Education Sector Is Opting For Paperless Solutions?
- Why Alumni Management Software is Becoming a Necessity?
- How College ERP Can Get Your Institution Accredited
- An Ideal Guide On: 'How To Implement Education ERP'
- How Data Analytics Enhance Student Retention Along With Graduation Rates
- Spreadsheet Vs Education ERP Software - Which One is More Accomplished?
- Cloud Based Education ERP - A Cost effective Solution for Higher Education
- 'MasterSoft Student Enquiry Management System' – A Hassle-Free Solution for Student Enrollment
- MasterSoft's University Dashboard- How It Can Help Vice Chancellors To Leverage Decision Making?
- Role of Management Information System (MIS) in Education Sector
- Six Vital Reasons To Invest In Student Information System For A Better Future
- MasterSoft Store (inventory) Management System- Why is it Deemed Fit for Higher Educational Institutes?
- Ultimate Five Things to Bear in Mind while Fetching ERP for Universities
- How Technology Helps Bridging Gap Between Parents and School?