In today's competitive world, with increasing working hours and less classroom time, teachers need tools which help them manage precious class time efficiently. Instead of focusing on teaching, teachers are often stuck with completing formal duties, for eg. taking attendance. Manually taking attendance and marking it in registers, makes the daily attendance a mundane task for the faculty and unnecessarily consumes classroom time.
To overcome such inefficient processes, there are various software available to speed up the attendance process and reduce manual work. An online attendance management system or e-attendance is one of them, which is developed to automate the daily attendance in schools. Additionally, it helps to maintain accurate records and generate summarized student attendance reports.
Ways of Automating Student Attendance:
There are various methods of automating the attendance process and schools can choose a system that suits their requirements the best.
The latest technology in automating attendance is Radio Frequency Identification(RFID). It uses a very simple mechanism and marks attendance of the entire class within seconds. Each student is given a smart card having a unique identification number. At the entrance of the school or classroom, an RFID reader is installed.
Students carrying their smart cards simply have to pass through the reader and the reader scans their unique identification number and hence the attendance is marked automatically. Since the RFID reader is capable of reading several cards at once, the attendance of multiple students is marked simultaneously.
The data from the RFID reader is automatically fetched by the integrated ERP. Hence, the Schools get the attendance details of every class and section at once.
Another useful method that saves efforts, as well as time, is the biometric system. The fingerprint of each student is saved in the biometric system which is integrated with an ERP. The students simply need to place their finger on the biometric and their attendance is marked.
Since a biometric system works on fingerprints, which are unique for every individual, there are lesser chances of false or proxy attendance. This makes the biometric system quite accurate and highly reliable.
As with the RFID system, the data from the biometric is also fetched by the ERP and hence can be accessed, viewed, and managed by the concerned authorities in real-time.
School App Attendance
School apps not only connect parents and teachers but also manage attendance. A school app is a great way to reduce a teacher’s hassles because of the following reasons. Firstly, a teacher can mark attendance in less than a minute with an app.
Secondly, parents can directly send in the leave applications through the school app. The students who are on leave appear as ‘on-leave’ in the app while marking attendance and the teacher does not have to think twice about that student. This largely reduces a teacher’s time and efforts.
Thirdly, an auto-triggered message or app push notification can be sent via the app to inform parents about their child’s whereabouts. This further ensures that each student is safe and secure.
Why Online Attendance Management System?
The objective of the student attendance management system is to reduce the time that is consumed when attendance is taken manually. Unlike the manual process, an online system easily helps management to analyze student’s attendance details as per requirement. A detailed summary of student attendance can be obtained in an instant.
- User-Friendly: The User interface is very simple. Data storing and recovery is fast and secure. Additionally, graphic reports are available which makes interpretation of data simple and easy to grasp.
- Reports are easily generated: Various reports such as Student-wise attendance, Day-wise attendance, Class-wise attendance, Month-Wise, Class-Attendance, etc. can be easily generated. Current and back-dated reports are available readily.
- Reduction of paperwork and elimination of errors is possible when attendance is automated.
- A simple online application designed for all attendance requirements.
- Capable of storing unlimited records.
- Fully compatible - simply requires an internet connection to run smoothly.
- Connects teachers and parents on-the-go.
Hence, an automated attendance management system is a feasible, reliable and efficient alternative to manual attendance which tends to consume a lot of the teacher precious classroom time, which can otherwise be saved!
- Five Solid Evidences Why Campus Management System Is Good For Your Institutional Development
- The Next 5 Things You Should Do For Success of School Management
- Implementing a School Management System Is Not Difficult At All! You Just Need A Great School ERP Vendor!
- How To Get Your Child to Enjoy Reading
- RFID tracking systems | A Revolution Automating Attendance Management in Schools
- MasterSoft CSMS is Now a Part of the Innovative Program - Microsoft’s Aspire School Program (MASP)
- What benefits does CBCS have to offer the Faculty Members?
- Benefits of MasterSoft Multi Academy Trust Management System
- How Time Table Management System Helps Schools
- Choice Based Credit System for Student Preferred Courses
- Education ERP - The Future and Importance of Edtech by 2020
- Outcome Based Education System vs. Traditional Education System
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- Automated College Management System Creating Success Stories of Educational Institutions
- Benefits of Investing in Education Technology for Automation of Institutes
- 6 Reasons Institutions Should Move on Cloud Technology
- Analytics Dashboard System Helping Teachers To Monitor Student Progress
- How education ERP is helping top-notch institutions to generate higher ROI
- Why Online Teaching and Learning Module is a Must for Every School
- Why Student Experience Plays an Essential Role in any Institution Growth
- Role Of Management Information System (MIS) In Education Sector
- How To Implement Choice Based Credit System?
- What Is NBA And Why It Matters?
- How Beneficial Is Automated Attendance Management System For Schools?
- Top Reasons Your Library Needs A Library Management System
- Why Do You Need A Powerful File Tracking System For Your Organization?
- Benefits Of Implementing School Management Software
- Why Cloud Education ERP Is Better Than On Premises ERP?
- Online Admission System Or E-Admission For Educational Institutions
- Why Schools And Colleges Need Automated Student Attendance Management System?