Data is the lifeline of every educational institution. Right from the student turnover rate to the financial records, every piece of data that is/was ever associated with it paves way for its development. The bigger the institution, the greater the volume of data.
Today, most of the higher education bodies are looking at an optimum distribution of resources and services to yield maximum benefits to students, teachers, and the school management itself alike. In this world of ballooning educational demands, Management Information System (MIS) is just what these institutions need to propel their progress in the right direction.
What is Education Management Information System (EMIS)?
The word MIS itself is a self-explanatory term. A management information system or MIS is a central data repository capable of not only gathering and storing data but also analysing it and generating reports from it. This is how we define MIS in a broader sense.
Nowadays many higher education institutions are looking forward to implement comprehensive education management solution to align academic processes and improve student experience.
Education Management Information System (EMIS) is specially designed to monitor the performance of education programs offered by the institute and to manage distribution and allocation of educational resources. Of course, in the field of education, EMIS has specific roles to help an educational institution grow.
Students are at the heart of an educating body. EMIS can not only store their personal data and exam records, it can also keep a track of their day-to-day progress which can eventually be used to analyse and track their improvements over time.
This is a more comprehensive approach as compared to legacy databases where the stored data doesn't come to the institution’s aid for decision-making.
For instance, in India, many colleges have implemented an online attendance management system MIS, which has helped them in increasing the attendance percentage of students. Colleges affirm that the MIS system is user-friendly, which has also aided them in improving their workflow.
Same goes for data pertaining to the educators as well. In a developing education institution, the progress of its educators is equally imperative for them as well as the institution itself. They need to update their skills and use the same to provide maximum aid to the students. MIS doesn't only help track the educator's progress, but it also makes their own lives easier as all the data belonging to any student or groups of students can be drilled-down, filtered, and arranged accordingly with a single click
For the Management
Ease of tracking and analyzing resource distribution and expenditures is one of the biggest motivations for any top-level management of an educating body to look forward to MIS system. By resources, we mean everything that the management invests in: right from assets and infrastructure to study aids and educators.
Additionally, the management is in full control of which administrative or educating body has access to what data. For instance, sparing the staff in-charge of finances, the management can lock the students' financial records from all the other users.
If you dig deeper into a vast educational institution, you'll find even more complex MIS implementations such as asset management and student loan management at play. No matter what their core needs, educational institutions can get user-friendly MIS system implemented to utilize and track their resources in an efficient manner.
- 5 Key Attributes Of A Future-ready University Administrator
- What Is NBA And Why It Matters?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared For NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- Why Colleges Should Automate The Examination Procedure?
- Top Reasons Your Library Needs A Library Management System
- Why Student Data Security Is The Biggest Concern for Educational Institutions?
- Top 6 Ways To Make Educational Institutions Smarter With Analytics Dashboard
- Why Faculty Management Systems Are Increasingly Becoming A Necessity?
- Why Education Sector Is Opting For Paperless Solutions?
- Why Alumni Management Software is Becoming a Necessity?
- How College ERP Can Get Your Institution Accredited
- An Ideal Guide On: 'How To Implement Education ERP'
- How Data Analytics Enhance Student Retention Along With Graduation Rates
- Spreadsheet Vs Education ERP Software - Which One is More Accomplished?
- Cloud Based Education ERP - A Cost effective Solution for Higher Education
- 'MasterSoft Student Enquiry Management System' – A Hassle-Free Solution for Student Enrollment
- MasterSoft's University Dashboard- How It Can Help Vice Chancellors To Leverage Decision Making?
- Role of Management Information System (MIS) in Education Sector
- Six Vital Reasons To Invest In Student Information System For A Better Future
- MasterSoft Store (inventory) Management System- Why is it Deemed Fit for Higher Educational Institutes?
- Ultimate Five Things to Bear in Mind while Fetching ERP for Universities
- How Technology Helps Bridging Gap Between Parents and School?