16, April 2021
We all have witnessed how pandemic disturbed the educational ecosystem in 2020. From shutting down of schools, colleges, and universities to online admissions & online examinations- the entire setup was digitized quite remarkably.
The transition was really quick!
However, in 2021, when everyone was expecting the “new normal” to end, the situation got worse. It has extended to such a level that the government of India along with the HRD ministry has to take some important decisions.
One of the crucial decisions is regarding the CBSE exams. As you know, the government had scheduled CBSE class 10 & Class 12 exams 2021 from 4th of May 2021 to 7 of June 2021.
Now, the “EXAMS” have been “CANCELLED”.
Yes! That’s right!
While some people across the country are criticizing the decision, some have supported it openly and are relieved because it’s highly risky to step out for the students to attend the examinations.
Decoding The Complete Story of CBSE Exam Cancellation
Well, the obvious reason behind the CBSE examination cancellation is the safety of students. Cases are multiplying day-by-day creating havoc on health.
The situation asks for “social distancing” and “sanitization” more than anything. Realizing the risks that exams can put on to the students, the exams are cancelled.
Here’s a quick view that depicts the 3 major highlights of the CBSE class 10 exam 2021 notification by the Government of India.
- Prime Minister of India – Narendra Modi conducted a meeting with the Educational Minister & several officials after which the notification of CBSE exams was out.
- The notification states that the class 10 exams of CBSE - Central Board of Secondary Education examination, are now cancelled.
- Now, the final evaluation & results will be declared on scrutinizing the objective internal criterion.
Confirming the news, the Education Minister of India, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank tweeted -
“Hon’ble PM Shri @narendramodi Ji reiterated that the well-being of the students has to be the top priority for the Government. Thus, the Board Exams for Class Xth are cancelled & for XIIth are postponed.”
What’s Next – What Students Can Do Now?
Students will be promoted to the higher class, but that doesn’t mean they should skip their lessons.
The examinations are not meant just for promotion.
Examinations enable students to understand what their understanding level is, how skilled they are, and most importantly how can they grow- academically as well as personally.
So, if you are a student, I would suggest you take the sensible route & learn at home. Read the amazing, relevant, and vast e-content available on the internet and upgrade your knowledge as much as you can.
As they say – “no knowledge is ever wasted”, you need to understand that whatever you learn – you learn it for your life. No matter what field you choose in the future, the knowledge is bound to help you deal with the challenges.
There are so many online assessment test platforms, you just need to take tests on your own and improve yourself.
What Educational Institutions Can Do?
As I mentioned that students must keep on learning. Their learning journey should never stop – no matter the situation.
I would give the same advice to educational institutions.
As a faculty or educator – it’s your responsibility to take care of your students. What if the exams are cancelled?
You can still help your students learn by providing them a school ERP platform with online assessment provision.
The online assessment platforms can help your students grow. And you know what – it is a golden opportunity for you to help your students learn without the fear of “scoring high marks”.
Let them give online tests without any pressure. Let them understand that it is for their own benefit.
It’s certain that they will respond positively & enjoy the process of “fearless learning”!
As an institution, if you are thinking of implementing a quality online assessment platform that would ensure an undisrupted learning experience, get in touch with my team of educational ERP experts today!
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions