06, July 2021
A few decades back when people started to talk about why “data” will be the big thing, I am sure nobody took that seriously. With the development of tools that thrive on data & analytics, every organization has understood the importance of data.
Quoting the words of Clive Humby -
“Data is the new oil.”
Speaking of educational institutions, student’s data still remains the most valuable asset. Any damage to the student data can directly harm their reputation, result in a decline in the student admission ratio, as well as raise serious privacy concerns.
Therefore, "student data management" and protection are vital when it comes to maintaining and strengthening the reputation of the college.
Before we understand how college ERP software can help in ensuring student data security, let us first understand the potential risk of data stealing.
What Are Potential Risks Of Data Stealing Every Institute Should Understand?
As an educator, you need to understand that any misuse of data can lead to the following negative consequences that might affect the academic as well as the personal lives of students in the long run. In case, you are not using edTech tools for data management, the chances would be much higher.
Complete academic data of students such as examination grades, scores, and overall student performance report cards could be manipulated or lost.
#2: Fees and Dues
Educators could lose important information related to fees and the remaining balance within a blink of an eye. It will lead to a huge monetary loss for the institution.
#3: Spam Activities
Hackers may intrude in the college management system and send spam emails or messages demanding money.
#4: Criminal Activities
One may steal and use sensitive personal information such as the name, address, and age of students for heinous criminal activities such as kidnapping.
No institute would want to entertain such activities and ruin the lives of children, right?
So, it’s extremely important for them to take strict steps in order to maintain a perfect balance.
The easiest way to achieve student data security is by implementing college ERP software.
Role of Education ERP Software in Managing Student Data Security
Manual work processes in an organization can’t be helpful when it comes to maintaining 100% data security & management. Thanks to efficient education ERP software, student data management has become much easier than ever.
Right from –
- Collecting important information about students
- Online college admission & fees data
- Student attendance data records
- Student hostel data
- Keeping a track of student’s academic record
- Preparing online examination schedules
- Managing extra-curricular activities
- Evaluating overall student performance
- Alumni data storage
An education ERP is capable of streamlining the workflow of institutions, saving a lot of time, and improving the collaboration between faculty and students which is bound to promote a healthy learning environment.
Institutions just need to opt for a configurable college ERP system.
A configurable college ERP is truly a boon for educators. It would help them keep the data private & secure by offering features such as a centralized database with OTP & password, role-based access. The chances of data theft will automatically decline with encryption.
However, just as every coin has two sides, education technology may bring some disadvantages. The biggest of them all is - data breach or stealing of information. Implementing a student information system may backfire the institutions when the ERP campus system is not efficient & stored data is misused or not taken care of properly.
So, you need to implement an efficient, robust college ERP system from a trustworthy & reputed educational ERP vendor.
How MasterSoft College ERP can Help Educators Overcome Student Data Security Issues?
As I said, harnessing the right student information system in the right way can easily solve data security issues. By right ERP, I mean, a college management system enabled with features that can provide high student data security.
To be honest, MasterSoft’s cloud-based college ERP could prove fruitful for the institutions as it operates via the internet and doesn’t require human interaction for regular software updates.
When we speak of communication, MasterSoft’s cloud-based data management system sends any information in an encrypted form that acts as a strong virtual barrier for hackers. By implementing our efficient ERP campus system, the admin gets the right to share information based on the role of the users.
As a college admin, you can smoothly limit the information access with respect to the position & job role of an individual. In addition to that, you can send and access the information from anywhere and at any given point in time with a cloud-integrated college ERP system. An AI-powered analytics dashboard would further help you keep a close tab on daily institutional activities.
To Sum Up
In this tech age, student data security has emerged as a major issue in colleges and other educational institutions. Educators aiming to fuel up the growth of their institutes along with maintaining student data security can achieve their goal by implementing MasterSoft’s college management software as it is equipped with effective data security features.
Feel free to contact us for more details about the cloud-based college ERP system by MasterSoft. We are the largest & oldest educational ERP provider in India with a track record of helping more than 2000+ institutions with innovative ERP systems.
Our team of educational ERP experts will guide you for more clarity & queries.Get in touch today!
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions