For easy use of ERP and to get the best out of the online education systems a School ERP must have certain basic features. There are n number of educational institutions that have reported to be unsatisfied with the school management software they have been using. And this is because they do not fulfill the basic features that an ERP must possess. For a better understanding certain important features that an organization can look for in an education system are listed:
First and foremost an ERP must have what is required for the complete process of admission. Relevant data of any student of the educational institute must be easily accessible. Using this feature saves not only time and effort of the institute but also saves huge piles of stationary items that is used during the process of admission.
Another important feature of a school ERP should be tracking attendance, not only of the staff but also of the students. This helps in keeping a track of the students who are present in the institute and leads to the maintenance of the attendance. This feature lessens the tiresome process of taking a roll call for the students. Few ERP provides a feature where parents receive a message related to their ward’s presence on the school campus. This kind of feature ensures child safety.
A good school management system must be able to keep a track of all the examinations that the institute conducts this includes, theory examinations, practical exams and also viva. An ideal ERP manages the schedule of each exam and notifies about the same via various means, which includes sending an email or an SMS.
An ideal ERP is cloud facilitated or cloud enabled it keeps the track of all the data and stores all the data in the cloud format. It is the best feature any ERP can have. The data is easy to access and also the time saved to search and track data is less, unlike in traditional format where the data is to be searched manually from the pile of files. A school management software when cloud enabled performs the best.
The term sounds very naive but an ERP for school must possess the feature of communicating. An ERP must be able to notify the users, which includes the staff and the students of the institute about fees dues, holiday declaration, exam and the ongoing activities. This serves just like a notice board. Thus, it is necessary that an ERP must communicate with the maximum possible users for the benefit of the institute. This includes, sending electronic mails, sending SMS, enabling push notifications and also uploading the necessary information in the form of a bulletin board.
Just like the students, the staff also has to be managed. This includes everything right from their attendance to the salary. It becomes difficult to manage the whole staff for the educational institution and hence, releasing salaries and other expenses becomes easy with the help of HR payroll software.
Library automation software is must for any educational institutions. It searches, finds, issues and returns the books properly. This feature also takes a continuous note of the condition of the book. This feature also keeps a track of the student account of the books.
MasterSoft provides cloud based school ERP for all types of schools (state, CBSE, IB, ICSE). This ERP includes different modules for admission & Fees collection, attendance, examination, student administration, e-learning, hostel management, library, HRMS, school bus management, etc. We offer customized solution also. Contact us for a free demo.
- Importance and Benefits of Institutional Accreditation
- Top Onpage SEO Tips to Improve Your School's Website Ranking in 2020
- Is a Cloud-Based School Management System the Best Choice for your School?
- Why Are Schools Opting for the MASP Program?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- Top 5 Benefits of e-learning for Students
- 5 Tips for Building Your School's Positive Perception Online
- What is e-learning?
- Get Hold of the Falling Retention Rate with Online Admission Software
- What are the features of Alumni Management software?
- Most Effective Ways to Overcome Attendance Tracking Problem
- Fully Utilize Library Software to Enhance Students’ Reading Habits
- Five Solid Evidences Why Campus Management System Is Good For Your Institutional Development
- The Next 5 Things You Should Do For Success of School Management
- Implementing a School Management System Is Not Difficult At All! You Just Need A Great School ERP Vendor!
- How To Get Your Child to Enjoy Reading
- RFID tracking systems | A Revolution Automating Attendance Management in Schools
- MasterSoft CSMS is Now a Part of the Innovative Program - Microsoft’s Aspire School Program (MASP)
- What benefits does CBCS have to offer the Faculty Members?
- Benefits of MasterSoft Multi Academy Trust Management System
- How Time Table Management System Helps Schools
- Choice Based Credit System for Student Preferred Courses
- Education ERP - The Future and Importance of Edtech by 2020
- Outcome Based Education System vs. Traditional Education System
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- Automated College Management System Creating Success Stories of Educational Institutions
- Benefits of Investing in Education Technology for Automation of Institutes
- 6 Reasons Institutions Should Move on Cloud Technology
- Analytics Dashboard System Helping Teachers To Monitor Student Progress