A campus management software is a cohesive single system which harnesses data systematically, organizes it and produces it in a required format on demand. The benefits of deploying a suitable ERP especially in an educational institution are potent, effective and long-lasting. But for an ERP to produce optimum results, it must be implemented in an integrated, compatible and systematic manner.
The consequences of an improper implementation of an education management software could affect its productivity, profitability and hamper the processes carried throughout the campus. As a result the organization may face some losses because reversing the damage may take a lot of time and may require many changes which may or may not be affordable. Also, any mistake could have grave effects on students which cannot be afforded hence, a precise, instructive guide to implementing ERP in education sector must be perused before taking any decisions.
Following is a step by step procedure illustrating how an education erp implementation is performed by MasterSoft:
The first and one of the most important part is demonstration which is to be conducted before procurement. The basic structure of each constituent of the erp module is explained by our professional. Its recommended that the management as well as the end users should be present on-site as they are the ones working with the erp. Important points are noted and doubts are cleared at this stage. The team simultaneously studies and gets a hold of the institutional processes and the same are marked down to improve the functionality of the system. The specific requirements, if any, are asked to be put forward by the institution and the same are mapped.
Once the PO is received, an ERP variant which best suits the organization,s requirements is assembled keeping in mind all the statistics and details gathered during demonstration. Based on user experience and business intelligence tools a robust, reliable and integrated erp is installed in as short as a week. To induce the necessary tempo and ardor to improve user cooperation, a detailed demonstration of different modules is given to the designated module incharge by the onsite team. While the support team works on the changes suggested by the user.
Detailed Gap Analysis
In the next 3 weeks, module experts closely observe and figure out the institutional processes minutely and gather their respective gaps. During this analysis, sample data is collected by the onsite team and accordingly masters are configured. The institution is asked to give their own insight while configuration is being done as any change can easily be made at this stage. Once the configuration is completed successfully the subsequent required reports are formulated. A module wise SRS (software requirement specification) is prepared by the team which has to be approved by the users.
Minor changes are done simultaneously with the above steps as and when the need arises. Whereas, major changes (if any), require written institutional approval. Customization which changes the coding of the software is done in such a case. The original software is tailored to comply with the actual ongoing processes of the institution as close as possible to obtain the desired results in the most efficient, holistic and profitable way. Customization fine tune the software which in turn meets every requisite of the organizational processes. Different teams are made to work on different modules so as to fasten deployment.
Live reports of the sample data acquired earlier are presented and a live demonstration of the modified module is given. If any problem arises, then it is solved by the team then and there itself. The client is made to operate the system which helps the team to -
- Identify any changes which need to be acknowledged
- Understand the level of operability of the system
- Rectify the issues arising with usage or operations
- Help the end user with any problem they are facing
- Ensure that the system is fully functional and manageable
After successful testing of the system the clients are asked to approve it.
Once the ERP module is approved, final data of the organization is acquired. It is then converted and imported to the system. The Module is made to go live. The erp is now absolutely ready to be used by the client.
Maintenance and warranty
Maintenance of the system is as important as proper implementation. Maintenance and the things covered in it is decided on the basis of the type of ERP. Whether its web based or cloud based is important from maintenance point of view. A web based erp requires higher maintenance, on the other hand a cloud based erp in which most of the hardware is maintained by the us, requires much less maintenance and related costs. Also warranty of the erp is provided.
We, at MasterSoft, absolutely understand that each organization is different from the other and so are their requirements hence, we provide customized solutions to educational institutions regardless of their size, structure or strength. From IIIT, NITs to central and state universities, our ERP solutions have empowered these institutions to drive student success with the help of best-in-class applications. Our robust end-to-end ERP solutions make daily institutional life manageable, thereby facilitating attainment of academic and administrative goals.
- Why cloud education ERP is better than on premises ERP?
- Looking For a Diverse ERP Solution to Run The Institute?
- Increase Student Enrollment Rate With Lead Management System
- How Can Cloud-Based ERP Transform The Educational Processes?
- How to Improve Student Outcomes With Education ERP?
- How Can You Streamline Admission Process with College ERP?
- Why Educational Institutions Need Admission Management System?
- How Beneficial is Automated Attendance Management System for Schools?
- 6 Great Benefits Of Implementing Student Information System
- Why Do Institutes Need Student Information System?
- Benefits of Integrating School ERP System with RFID
- Is your MIS meeting the goals of your Institution?
- Benefits of Using A College Management Software for Financial Management
- How A School Management System Helps Drive Higher ROI?
- Why Schools And Colleges Need Automated Student Attendance Management System?
- 5 Key Attributes Of A Future-ready University Administrator
- What Is NBA And Why It Matters?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared For NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- Why Colleges Should Automate The Examination Procedure?
- Top Reasons Your Library Needs A Library Management System
- Why Student Data Security Is The Biggest Concern for Educational Institutions?
- Top 6 Ways To Make Educational Institutions Smarter With Analytics Dashboard
- Why Faculty Management Systems Are Increasingly Becoming A Necessity?
- Why Education Sector Is Opting For Paperless Solutions?
- Why Alumni Management Software is Becoming a Necessity?
- How College ERP Can Get Your Institution Accredited
- An Ideal Guide On: 'How To Implement Education ERP'
- How Data Analytics Enhance Student Retention Along With Graduation Rates
- Spreadsheet Vs Education ERP Software - Which One is More Accomplished?
- Cloud Based Education ERP - A Cost effective Solution for Higher Education
- 'MasterSoft Student Enquiry Management System' – A Hassle-Free Solution for Student Enrollment
- MasterSoft's University Dashboard- How It Can Help Vice Chancellors To Leverage Decision Making?
- Role of Management Information System (MIS) in Education Sector
- Six Vital Reasons To Invest In Student Information System For A Better Future
- MasterSoft Store (inventory) Management System- Why is it Deemed Fit for Higher Educational Institutes?
- Ultimate Five Things to Bear in Mind while Fetching ERP for Universities
- How Technology Helps Bridging Gap Between Parents and School?