Today managing files in hard copy and searching them from bundles is a very tedious and big task, causing tremendous confusion and pressure on the administrative body of the institutes. Movement of such files from one desk to another takes time and slow down the process.
Each month and year, innumerable files are created and then we need to maintain those files for future reference. Even managing a physical rack structure is a tedious task, causing tremendous burden and pressure on the administrative members of any institute. Also, it consumes a lot of space inside your cabin area and institutes need to provide extra facilities like storerooms to safeguard those files.
All this leads to difficulties in - physically searching through piles of folders upon requirement, maintenance and careful arrangement of folders in racks, protection against book lice or bugs.
In case of confidential documents, consequences of inefficiently handling them can range from falling prey to loss of valuable data, lost revenue or authority, data privacy infringement, etc.
To overcome such scenario institutes need a secure solution which can keep tracks of files and store them in a secure database. In this IT world, administrative members require paperless, transparent & easy way of maintaining records and utilize them for reference & further proceedings.
MasterSoft's File Tracking Software introduces the system to integrate technology with the administrative process and is beneficial for the institution. It acts as a new achievement factor in addition to traditional sources of advantages. It computerizes the file, store it in digital format and tracks its movement.
In file movement tracking system user can create a file, upload/download documents, move it for approval to authorities from different section irrespective of their physical location. File creator can view the complete status of the file movement. One can search files by using keywords, file name, file number, approximate file creation date etc.
Functionality of File Tracking System:
- User can create File to move from one desk to another among different section users.
- While creating a file, users can upload documents and select the desired receiver & submit it. Once file submitted it moves to the receiver. At the same time, an Email and SMS send to a receiver as a notification.
- After login, receiver can view these files at Receive File Page.
- At Receive File page, Files are categorized into two groups i.e. Active Files and In-Active Files. Active Files are new Files or in-process files. The files whose movement is marked as completed and files forwarded /returned to the next receiver for further action come under In-Active Files category.
- At Receive File page, a user receives the file, check details and decide to Approved/Not Approved the File. At this page, receivers can also download attached documents and view it.
- If user select Approved then FORWARD or COMPLETE options will be available. User can select Forward option if File needs to move for further approval or select Complete if File does not require to move to anyone and it will directly send back to the owner.
- If user select Not Approved option under any circumstances, user will return the File any user present in the movement path.
- In both the cases of Approved and Not Approved, File will be sent to the particular selected User and the process of File Movement will be in progress. This process is infinite unless user wants to stop it.
- Throughout the file movement process, users can download and upload the documents to the same File.
- This complete process can be monitored by the creator at his login through File Movement page.
- Now Owner at his login will decide whether the File Movement process is completed or send to other users for further action.
- File Detail Search option is provided on the basis of File No., File Name, approximate File Creation Date, and Keywords.
- On every movement receiver will get a notification via Email and SMS.
Benefits of File Tracking System Software:
- User can create any number of files.
- User can upload any number of documents and avoid paperwork.
- Creator can track the movement of a file.
- User will get notification via Email and SMS.
- User will get the required File quickly and easily using search option.
Reports Generated Are:
- Consolidated File list can be generated.
- Reports with different File movement status like Pending, In Process, Forward, Return, Completed etc.
- A complete file movement tracking report is generated for a single file. Per day count of files generated at a particular user's login area can be revealed.
- Status reports for a single file are generated with user remarks as well.
MasterSoft's most trusted 'File Movement Tracking' system can be installed without any hassles. You can be up and be running in just a few weeks, as it combines all aspects and functionalities of educational institutions.
- Why Student Data Security Is The Biggest Concern for Educational Institutions?
- Top 6 Ways To Make Educational Institutions Smarter With Analytics Dashboard
- Why Faculty Management Systems Are Increasingly Becoming A Necessity?
- Why Education Sector Is Opting For Paperless Solutions?
- Why Alumni Management Software is Becoming a Necessity?
- How College ERP Can Get Your Institution Accredited
- An Ideal Guide On: 'How To Implement Education ERP'
- How Data Analytics Enhance Student Retention Along With Graduation Rates
- Spreadsheet Vs Education ERP Software - Which One is More Accomplished?
- Cloud Based Education ERP - A Cost effective Solution for Higher Education
- 'MasterSoft Student Enquiry Management System' – A Hassle-Free Solution for Student Enrollment
- MasterSoft's University Dashboard- How It Can Help Vice Chancellors To Leverage Decision Making?
- Role of Management Information System (MIS) in Education Sector
- Six Vital Reasons To Invest In Student Information System For A Better Future
- MasterSoft Store (inventory) Management System- Why is it Deemed Fit for Higher Educational Institutes?
- Ultimate Five Things to Bear in Mind while Fetching ERP for Universities
- How Technology Helps Bridging Gap Between Parents and School?