Headquartered in Bangalore, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council or NAAC is an autonomous entity funded by the UGC (University Grants Commission) for the accreditation of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). It is one of the most reputed accreditation agencies that aims at making “quality” a defining parameter for higher education in India.
The NAAC accreditation process enables HEIs to -
- Realize their achievements
- Analyze the internal work challenges
- Work for continuous progress & quality education
According to the revised NAAC accreditation framework, 70% of the weightage is given to the timely submission of accurate institutional data & compliance self study (SSR) reports, while 30% is assigned for peer judgment. The NAAC accreditation process involves a detailed assessment that includes the Key Indicators, Qualitative Metrics, & Quantitative Metrics.
The Key Indicators for getting NAAC accreditation include the following.
- Curricular Aspects
- Teaching - Learning and Evaluationv
- Research, Innovations, and Extension
- Infrastructure and Learning Resources
- Student Support and Progression
- Governance Leadership and Management
- Institutional Values and Best Practices
Most of these criteria, for NAAC Accreditation, require Self-Study or SSR Reports. The time range for these reports is five years. Compiling such a huge amount of data manually can take up to 3-4 months and still there may be some errors. A college ERP can help institutions to compile the required institutional data along with necessary documents & generate highly accurate reports. Thus, minimizing the workload of college faculty & helping them get prepared for the NAAC evaluation.
As an educator, if you are wondering how an education ERP software can help your institution to improve NAAC ranks/CGPA points, here’s your answer -
Guidelines of NAAC
A college ERP software enables you to follow the set processes of NAAC, read the accreditation documentation, and you can even download the document at any point in time.
Follow Data Validation & Verification guidelines
You can keep a tab on the entire NAAC accreditation journey by following data validation process & verification guidelines with ease.
Collect accurate data from all sources & maintain data in required formats
A college ERP stores all your institutional data, records, and information from various sources in an organized form. The data in educational ERP software can be structured in any required format in merely a few clicks.
Identify where you are lagging with BI Tools
ERP software integrated with inbuilt BI-tools and dashboard empowers your institution to evaluate itself on various parameters around key metrics and finding out the areas for intervention.
It can generate compliance-related reports within minutes. It does not require any special committee or a group of people working for months to generate reports. Additionally, the generated reports are accurate as they are automatically processed which further ensures that there are no errors or mistakes in the reports.
The ERP Helps an Institution in Generating the Reports Related To -
- Student feedback consisting of 20 marks
- Curriculum planning consisting of 20 marks
- Student enrollment consisting 30 marks
- Teaching learning process consisting of 50 marks
- Teacher profile consisting of 80 marks
- Evaluation & reform consisting 50 marks
- Student satisfaction consisting of 50 marks
The above pointers sum up to 300 marks out of 1000 marks which is quite a huge number. Implementing an ERP can aid you in easily generating error-free reports & achieving up to 300 marks which matter a lot in improving your NAAC Rank/CGPA points.
Read more - How College ERP can get your Institution Accredited
Enhancing the overall quality with continuous evaluation
An ERP also aids the top level management to make better and faster decisions with analytics-powered dashboards which reflect the real-time and actual data in a statistical format. By continuous evaluation, management authorities of your institution can take and implement preventive & corrective measures that eventually lead to overall development and improvement in quality in all the institutional aspects.
NAAC accreditation focuses on improving the “Quality of Education”. The accurate data obtained from the ERP and the Dashboards help Management to initially find out the areas that need improvement. After the identification of such aspects/areas, your management can make appropriate decisions or take necessary actions.
Once the necessary steps are taken, the ERP can further help you find out and analyze whether the steps are effective or not. The continuous process of analyzing, deciding, and implementing will definitely lead to overall improvement of the institution which will, indirectly but indisputably, reflect in the Institution’s NAAC ranks.
Get in touch to schedule a free demo!
- MasterSoft’s Accreditation Data Management System allows Institutes to assimilate Campus data in one Central database, generating various reports related to accreditation bodies. MasterSoft doesn't calculate Accreditation/ranking scores or do not claim to improve your score or ranking.
- This document shows overall features of MasterSoft’s Accreditation Data Management System. You will have access to limited options of this System for which you have opted.
- MasterSoft will modify this Solution as & when necessary & same will be automatically mandatorily available to you
- NEP 2020 & College Autonomy: Complete Guide
- ICT For Higher Education - Smart Move Towards Online Teaching And Learning
- Online Examination Software For Post-Exam Analysis, Better Learning Outcomes & Decision Making
- The Best School Management System To Enhance Students Learning Experience
- Complete Guide To Learning Outcome Based Curriculum Framework (LOCF) - Part 1
- How To Manage Exam Schemes, Rules & Result Processing Online
- How To Manage College Applications, Merit List Generation & Online Admissions
- Complete Guide To The National Board Of Accreditation (NBA Accreditation)
- The Ultimate Checklist To Safeguard Your University’s Data
- Top 3 Reasons Why Higher Education Institutions Should Focus On Achieving Autonomy
- The Beginner’s Guide To Outcome Based Education Process (Part 2)
- Tips to Gear up Your Children To Return Back to School after Lockdown
- National Education Policy: All You Need to Know about NEP 2020 for Schools – Part 1
- Why Educators Need to Put Maslow Before Bloom
- Five Things You Should Know About Remote Learning as an Educator
- What is e-learning?
- Top Advantages of Online Assessment Tools
- What Is The NBA And Why Does It Matter?
- How Can Colleges Be Prepared for NAAC Peer Team Visit?
- ICT for Higher Education - Smart Move towards Online Teaching and Learning
- How to implement Choice Based Credit System?
- Why Online Fee Collection Software is a Must for Educational Institutions